Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 332577

Offline Curleys_Girl_Suze

A friend of mine swears this Stooges short exists.

He said he saw it exactly once -- it's a pro-WWII short featuring the Stooges as enlisted men -- and Moe was the sargent. In it, Curley described what he'd do to the enemy if he got his hands on them: "I'd choke them Nips! I'd murder those Krauts" and he acted out what he'd do.

At the end of the film, the banner "BUY WAR BONDS" was shown.

Is there such a short or is this dude busting my shoes? thanx... ???

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
1. A short where Curly is listening to the radio and Moe acts like the announcer and asks "why cant a rooster can't lay a loaf of bread", Curly replys, "because he doesn't have the crust", and Moe says "you win" and smashs the radio over Curlys head ?

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA (1943)

2. A short where Larry and Moe are playing checkers and Larry says to Moe " I'm a king Crown me"

TASSELS IN THE AIR (1938);  Larry & Curly playing checkers with paint cans on a tiled floor

Offline percytheslice

Hi Guys
Did the Stooges ever suffer any major injuries from the mountains of pokes & bonks - if so were they documented :(

Offline FineBari3

Hi Guys
Did the Stooges ever suffer any major injuries from the mountains of pokes & bonks - if so were they documented :(

I cant remember the name of the short, but they are playing carpenters, and Moe is atop a table that collapses (someone is sawing it). You can see his side land on the one edge of the table. I guess he got up, did a double slap, and passed out. I think he had several broken ribs.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline jeffev2001

Can anyone tell me, in the short Three Little Beers (1935), what was the name/location of the golf course that the golf scenes were filmed?
Jeff

xraffle

I saw something on Ebay I have never seen before.  40 DVDs containing all 190 shorts of the Stooges.  The auction recently ended, but you can still view the item number: 6376637905.
It's available right now on Ebay for two days. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6400293117&rd=1

Offline Baggie

This is a question for Jim... I believe you bought this set off E-Bay, and I'm considering buying it since I can't see Columbia ever releasing all the shorts. Before I buy it and start selling off all my old stuff I was just wondering what the quality was like. Have you received the set yet? Cheers. I went to look at Stoogeworld what you thought but had problems viewing the boards. Is anyone else having these problems?
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Stoop

[ . . .] I went to look at Stoogeworld what you thought but had problems viewing the boards. Is anyone else having these problems?
Yeah, I can't seem to access the stoogeworld message board at all. I wonder what's going on.
???
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
[ . . .] I went to look at Stoogeworld what you thought but had problems viewing the boards. Is anyone else having these problems?
Yeah, I can't seem to access the stoogeworld message board at all. I wonder what's going on.
???

The EzBoard system apparently crashed yesterday, and is still down.  Unfortunately for Kevin, there is nothing he can do but wait until the EZBoard system is back up.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I should be getting the set tomorrow, Saturday at the latest. I'll post a review of it after viewing various shorts.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Sadly, ezboard was severely attacked on Tuesday morning, May 31. Stoogeworld happened to be one of the boards that was affected. Hopefully, ezboard will be able to restore everything, but chances are, a lot of the threads will be missing.

Click on the link if you want to find out more about the attack. http://p079.ezboard.com/fezboardimportantannouncements.showMessage?topicID=504.topic

Jim, I really hope you enjoy that set. You are going to be very lucky to own all 190 shorts on DVD. I wish I was you. I really want all 190 shorts. I only have 162 and they are all converted to DVD. That is why I didn't buy that set on Ebay.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 08:44:35 PM by xraffle »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Sadly, ezboard was severely attacked on Tuesday morning, May 31. Stoogeworld happened to be one of the boards that was affected. Hopefully, ezboard will be able to restore everything, but chances are, a lot of the threads will be missing.

Click on the link if you want to find out more about the attack. http://p079.ezboard.com/fezboardimportantannouncements.showMessage?topicID=504.topic

As of this moment, it looks like StoogeWorld's EzBoard is finally coming back online.  I was just there, and threads were reappearing while I was looking around.

Offline SeasideStooge

Hi I would like to know which episode shows Moe with a microphone saying, "quiet numbskulls, Im broadcasting"?

its a favorite when you seacrh for a 3 stooges audio wav that always shows up in most wav/audio file sites. If you know any other episodes that are radio related let me know that too. I am the station manager at 30A Radio, a station at the beach along scenic highway 30A. we streaming audio though, like the Jack Benny Radio Show on Sunday nights from Seaside Florida. We are in the panhandle and Seaside was made famous by Jim Carrey when the movie The Truman Show was filmed here! Check out my site and Im planning on putting a photo link to this incredible site!
http://30aradio.org

we are non commerical..its all about music and fun things in life that make you laugh like the 3stooges!

thank you threestooges.net so much for this site.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Hi I would like to know which episode shows Moe with a microphone saying, "quiet numbskulls, Im broadcasting"?

MICRO-PHONIES (1945)
http://www.threestooges.net/episode.php?id=87

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Can anyone tell me, in the short Three Little Beers (1935), what was the name/location of the golf course that the golf scenes were filmed?
Jeff

Rancho Park Golf Course, on Pico Blvd. (across the street from 20th Century Fox)

Offline Hogeboom

Perhaps this is an "obvious" question, but.........why can't I post new topics in this forum (or any forum for that matter)?

Pilsner Panther

Perhaps this is an "obvious" question, but.........why can't I post new topics in this forum (or any forum for that matter)?

We were getting so many trolls here (including the one who kept coming back over and over again under different names) that we had to put a restriction on new members posting new topics. After some discussion about it, Dunrobin, shemps#1 and I finally settled on ten posts before a member can submit a new topic.

This gives us a chance to understand what a person's motives are— whether they're all right and they're real Stooges fans, or whether they're just here to make trouble and disrupt the boards. It's a reasonable rule, don't you think? Stay with us; I'm sure you'll be okay to post new topics soon enough (you've only got eight more posts to go).

:)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 03:11:45 PM by Pilsner Panther »

StoogeHube

Question: what's the title of the episode where the Stooges were "Brighto" salesmen?

Offline Stoop

Question: what's the title of the episode where the Stooges were "Brighto" salesmen?

*Gasp*, that would be “Dizzy doctors” .
 ;)
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

xraffle

Those kind of questions are really annoying. I don't blame you for gasping.

Pilsner Panther

Now, now, you guys, be nice to the newbies...

:)

Remember, this particular forum is just for those kinds of questions!

Offline FineBari3

Those kind of questions are really annoying. I don't blame you for gasping.

Aww....c'mon!!! You were once an uneducated Stooge fan!!!!  Some of these newbies are still in high school, and they just started showing the Boys on SpikeTV, so the same questions will appear.

It is great that people are getting into the Stooges once again!  Share your knowledge, Grasshoppers!!!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Robbie883

Hey FineBari! I am in highschool and I am definately not a newbie. LOL, this is great that there are more people comming across this site. Im always interested in meeting new people and discussing the 3 stooges with them. ;D

Offline Stoop

Awww I wasn’t trying to be mean. I was just surprised because even my non-stooge-watching friends seem to know the name of that short.
 :-*

And I am definably still in high School and once was an uneducated stooge lover...or still am.  [pound]

StoogeHube

xraffle: Yeesh. I'm 40 yrs. old and married w/children, FWIW. I'm definitely not a "newbie." I've been watching the Stooges probably longer than any of you. Sorry if I haven't memorized all the episode names. My friends and I usually refer to the episodes as the "golfing one," "the icemen," "the plumbers," or in this case, "Brighto." Still, considering how long I've been watching the Stooges, I could probably recite more dialogue and note more episode nuances than most of you, too.

But if this is gonna be a typical geekish, arrogant fanboy-type hang-out, I'll be sure not to post here anymore.