Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Database error is crashing galleries

Offline falsealarms

One other thing - for the past two nights while trying to access the B/W wallpaper page, I get this:

Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /services2/webpages/t/h/threestooges.net/public/cpg/include/functions.inc.php on line 81

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /services2/webpages/t/h/threestooges.net/public/cpg/include/functions.inc.php on line 98
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

I'm on Windows XP SP2, fully patched, MSIE 6 ... I've cleared my cookies, cache etc.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks for reporting that, falsealarms!  I ran a repair on the database tables used by the galleries, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I decided to split your post off  of the Newbies thread, and I created a new board just for "Bug Reports" like the one you reported.  I have set the permissions to allow everyone to post topics here, including Guests and Porcupines.  I will be moderating this board, and any posts that are not bug reports, or germaine to the subject, will be deleted, and if it happens repeatedly I will block that individual's posting privileges(or Guests, if that gets abused.)

falsealarms made a perfect bug report post, too.  If you are going to report a glitch, I need as much information as possible to find the error and fix it as quickly a possible.  The two things that all of you can do to help speed the fix is:

• Be brief but specific in your subject line.  Don't just post something like "Help! I've got a problem!"  Enter something like "Database error is crashing galleries" (the subject of this thread.)

• Include any error messages in our post.  falsealrms post allowed me to track down the problem right away, and the problem was fied within 5 minutes of my seeing the post.  Any details about what you were doing, or trying to do, when the error occured, wil likewise elp me re-create the problem and find the solution.

I am setting the board to send me a notice whenever a post is made here, and I will try to respond to them as quickly as possible.  (I check my email several times a day, usually.)   I will always try to povide Super Soivace! (and you know what that means!)   ;)