Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Welcome to Verbal Garbage

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There has been alot more issues and topics pissing me off than sucky music lately, and it is with that mind that I start Verbal Garbage.

VG is simply my place to rant about anything not MTS. VG will run the gammit from drugs (see the first post), video games, sports, television, movies....nothing is off limits. The same rules that MTS has apply here: Only I can post threads, but all are welcome to reply. Over-the-top name calling or flat-out stupidity will not be tolerated.

As of right now VG is in an experimental stage. If I feel that my writing is not up to snuff I will put an end to it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:35:01 PM by shemps#1 »
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

eczema47

I am so very thankful that you grace this messageboard, the website, with info about what pisses you off. I'm sure I speak for all others when I say I'll bear with you as you grow into this new venture. You must be overwhelmed that so many are all interested in what is going on in your anger-filled head. I am greatful that this not just a Three Stooges website to you. I personally wish I could read each and every one of your entries in your mind before they make it here, but I think there would be so many of them taking residence in your mind, and many more that will move in soon, I simply could not keep up with them.

It's great to hear from you and know that you're thinking about us. I assure you that I will always admire you. I mean you are the poster who got me into lurking here 13 months ago and I thank you for that. You and your enormous ego (only you are justified in having one) have already been an inspiration to me during some difficult times. Seeing you speak out openingly about your lack of faith in the public eye is a breath of fresh air and an encouragement to go on each day. I know that we must find our own inner strength and trust that our judgement is sufficient, but as the saying goes, "seeing is believing" and sometimes human nature requires us to have something we can see every once in awhile (like your posted confirmations of a corrupt music industry, government, popular opinion, etc).

Well, again, I just want to thank you for staying steadfast and being a light in a very dark world. Not everyone has the opportunity to reach so many people. Thank you so much for planning this new project, and I'm looking forward to the future of it. Bless you!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Listen dipshit,

This tiny part of the message board is by no means an ego stroke for me. You (nor anyone else for that matter) are not forced to read it. If you don't like it, if it pisses you off in any way, ignore it.

You speak as though this is the only part of the website that is non-Stooge related. This is not true. Dunrobin's rants, Dunrobin's Polls, and Pilsner's Picks are not Stooge related, yet you haven't posted there. In fact, you complain about this part of the message board not being Stooge related, yet your one and only post is a thinly veiled shot at me. You never posted on one of the Stooge related forums. You speak about negativity and anger (and you're right) but your only post is negative.

Welll I'm certainly not going to take shit from a newbie with one post under his belt. Consider yourself banned, fucktard.

That's the first time I've been accused of having an enormous ego, believe it or not.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've got to admit, that was a interesting piece of sarcasm.  eczema47's apparent point was completely wrong, though.

I've never made any bones about the fact that this is my web site, and I have the final word about what does and does not appear on my site.   I have always been pretty frank aout my views on what is going on in this country, and I have no intention of shutting up just because some sarcastic twit - who doesn't even live in this country - doesn't like it.  I wouldn't expect shemps#1 to do so, either.  He and I think a lot alike (although he's still a firebrand, while I've aged into more of a country philosopher.)  ;)

If you disagree with something we post, by all means let's have a debate.  But that means explaining what you disagree with, and why you disagree.  Resorting to name calling and pointless sarcasm contributes nothing.  We are more than willing to discuss facts, but I'm not going to allow flamewars.   :angryfire:

Offline ZEKE

• Grapehead
FUCKTARD!!! I like IT!!!!
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Ringworm

Sorry this is so late. I had to let go of my Internet service until my finances were back to where they should be. I apologize to you for my cousin. Sometimes, he thinks he is Bill Murray. I have a huge fear that he is becoming too comfortable with that persona and will get his ass kicked someday. But if you would be so kind as to reinstate his account here, you could say that if he has even so much of a slip he is gone, and we would respect that.

All that said, we do stand for everything you have been doing and saying across the board to instill your values and we appreciate all that you do and all that you are!

Some points:

1. We like to read all your posts here. No one was pissed off but you! Heh.

2. We know this isn't the only part of the website that is non-Stooge related. He was just thinking about your projects.

3. You speak as though eczema47 only joined to "shoot at you" and complain. He was not even doing those things. You say he never posted on one of the Stooge-related forums, but he was getting ready to a few minutes after you banned him, so you didn't give huim a chance. You just assumed that since one of his posts seemed to be attacking you, all the rest of them would be as well. Some nice examples of that enormous ego. That was no slight to you from him or me.

4. That must have been the first time someone had the balls to point out your enormous ego. It is just who you are, and you rock! The fact that you have 2 forums where you exalt your opinion over everyone else's on earth rocks hard (granted Dunrobin does this too, with one form even featuring a polling format (!), but since he owns the site it is no big deal)! The fact that you were not satisfied with just the one forum rocks harder!! The fact that you got Dunrobin to support you on it and Pils to stand behind you on it rocks the hardest!!! Like Mr. Murray once said to someone else, you... are an ANIMAL!!! We want to party with you, cowboy!

Dunrobin,

Awesome sight. Keep it up!

You say that you have the final word about what does and does not appear on your   site. You say that if he disagrees with something you post (whatever you thought that could have been), you welcome a debate (what is so debatable?). You say he should explain what he disagrees with and he disagrees with it (which would be fine if he disagreed with anything). You say you are more than willing to discuss facts (we have our facts straight, so we are ready!) YET, after all that, you left him banned! Does this mean you are hilariously hypocritical or enormously egotistical like shemps#1, or does this simpy mean that you are flagrantly forgetful? We believe you were flagrantly forgetful.

Thank you both for your time and surely seeing your way to reinstating my cousin's account. Keep on rocking with those egos! We are not Worthy!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This too funny. I just LOVE it when people rehash old shit!

Sorry this is so late. I had to let go of my Internet service until my finances were back to where they should be. I apologize to you for my cousin. Sometimes, he thinks he is Bill Murray. I have a huge fear that he is becoming too comfortable with that persona and will get his ass kicked someday. But if you would be so kind as to reinstate his account here, you could say that if he has even so much of a slip he is gone, and we would respect that.

I banned him in October, and here it is 4 months later and he hasn't moved on? If it were me I would have found something else to do.

Bill Murray, huh? Isn't he appearing at a supermarket opening in Kansas this weekend?

All that said, we do stand for everything you have been doing and saying across the board to instill your values and we appreciate all that you do and all that you are!

Will you look at that: I've got groupies! It's just my luck that they happen to be male.

Some points:

1. We like to read all your posts here. No one was pissed off but you! Heh.

Try looking at this through my perspective: if you saw that from some jackass with one post you'd be pissed too.

2. We know this isn't the only part of the website that is non-Stooge related. He was just thinking about your projects.

Well he made it sound as if this were the only non-Stooge related part of the site, and that this site should stick to Stooges.

3. You speak as though eczema47 only joined to "shoot at you" and complain. He was not even doing those things. You say he never posted on one of the Stooge-related forums, but he was getting ready to a few minutes after you banned him, so you didn't give huim a chance. You just assumed that since one of his posts seemed to be attacking you, all the rest of them would be as well. Some nice examples of that enormous ego. That was no slight to you from him or me.

"One" of his posts? It was his very first post. It's not of very good way of introducing yourself to the board, would you not agree? If he had been around for awhile and I had gotten to know him as an ok person I would have cut him some slack.

Don't tell me what I "assumed". I REALISED this guy is a troll and I got rid of him. You can't hop on a message board and trash the moderator from the get go. It's kind of like going up to the ruler of a country and telling them to go fuck themselves, then saying "Oh but I really like you" after you're thrown in a cell.

I ban a troll and that makes me egotistical? That's some convoluted logic you have there.

4. That must have been the first time someone had the balls to point out your enormous ego. It is just who you are, and you rock! The fact that you have 2 forums where you exalt your opinion over everyone else's on earth rocks hard (granted Dunrobin does this too, with one form even featuring a polling format (!), but since he owns the site it is no big deal)!

Yay, more convoluted logic! I am a writer. Writing is what I do. I like to write opinion pieces/editorials. I do not only write here, but elsewhere as well. My first forum here is Music That Sucks. I decide I want to write about non-music related topics, and created a sub-forum for such topics and to keep them in one general area. This makes me egotistical? Yeah, I'm practically forcing people to read my shit. I struck a deal with Bill Gates himself that directs everybody to my forums and freezes their browers for twenty minutes so they have to read what I write or not be allowed to use the Internet.

Give me a fucking break!

The fact that you got Dunrobin to support you on it and Pils to stand behind you on it rocks the hardest!!! Like Mr. Murray once said to someone else, you... are an ANIMAL!!! We want to party with you, cowboy!

There I go with the mind tricks again. Yep, I brainwashed Rob and Pils into agreeing with me; I'm real good at that. Just ask them, they tell you because I'll make them tell you.

Both are more than free to disagree with me and tell me they think I'm wrong if they are so inclined. I didn't "get" them to support me, they just did.

When it comes it administrative issues we trust each other enough not to step on each other's toes and intervene only when we feel it's necessary (which has happened before). That comes from knowing each other and being friends for such a long time.

I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll consult Rob and Pils on this matter and we'll decide together if your "cousin" gets reinstated. I'll get back to you with the results of our little "summit".

Man, what a waste of my fucking time.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The results are in...

By a count of 2-1, the answer is no, your "cousin" will not be reinstated.

Offline Robbie883

• Porcupine
  • Bonehead
The results are in...

By a count of 2-1, the answer is no, your "cousin" will not be reinstated.

Make that 3-1 Shemps. We don't need problem causers on these boards.

Ringworm

He and I understand he was banned and we know why. I\'m not going to try and argue that he did not deserve it. He was holding hope in my appeal to you before he let it go (move on... LOL! You just ROCK!) Outbursts are not something he does a lot escpecially in first impressions. He would have tried to abide by your rules because you are just so cool, so if you are worried about an \"I am mad I got banned\" post, he would not have done it. aint about to do it. But enough about him.   

A waste of your time? So your time is so valuable that you push away one of your groupies and you would rather not bother to respond to the other one unless you get amusement from what you are responding to. Is that not egotistical? Do you think Shemp conducted himself in this way toward his groupies? But hey, it is okay coming from you, because you positively rock!

You say he made it sound as if this were the only non-Stooge related part of the site, and that this site should stick to Stooges. I do not think the whole site has to stick strictly to Stooges. But when someone who does not own the site that already had specific honorees from the getgo, has forums on it that are only about himself where he is honored, how is that not egotistical? But again, it is YOU, it is just who you are and it is why you completely rock!

I have never seen a board where 1 bad post makes someone a troll for sure, but I accept it because you said it, and you indubitably rock! I do not think I said that banning a troll makes you egotistical though.

It is great that you like writing. Pils writes things about the music he presents in his forum that deals with music from the time of the Three Stooges. You and Dunrobin have forums that do not even have that much to do with the Stooges. This is not a complaint at all mind you, but all other sites I have seen only show links to completely off-topic things. It would be one thing if everyone were allowed to post their own threads about music that they think sucks and their own threads about what they think is wrong in their own countries. But you do not allow this because you do not care about other\'s opinions, only yours. That is not egotistical? Whatever it is, I say it rocks because it is you, and you genuinely rock!

What is this about \"mind tricks again\"? It only seems like you talked them into it. They are probably putty in your hands because they know like my banned cousin and I know that you unceasingly rock! I would ask you if you realise how much you rock, but I am positive you know already.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Where in the blue fuck do you get that people cannot post off topic threads? Of course they can post whatever they want. I did not get these boards from the get-go, you fucking retard. Much like my position as Moderator they came over time. I have been a member of this site for quite a few years; five if I recall correctly. As the site grew Dunrobin asked both myself and Pils to help with the moderation of the site so he can concentrate more on the technical aspects. Yeah, that really makes me egotistcal, you fucking idiot.

And yes Virginia, a troll can make himself known in one post. He can also make himself known in six.

I have a VERY low tolerance for trolls due to what has happened in the past on this site. Can that be unfair to some? Sure, but I will take all steps necessary to make sure this site and message board is not polluted with trolls like almost every other site is. Even if that means having only a handful of people posting. I'll take quality over quantity every time.

I am tired of your bullshit sarcasm; you're lucky you've lasted this long. You are even more annoying than your fucking "cousin" is. Oh, by the way, having multiple user names is definately an offensive that calls for banishment.

So long cocksucker, and don't try coming back. I'll find you and ban you each and every time.