Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Vitagraph Comedies Blu-Ray 4/30/24

Offline falsealarms

Kino is releasing a 3-disc set of Vitagraph Comedies on April 30: https://kinolorber.com/product/vitagraph-comedies?fbclid=IwAR1ujzVnmsvREJtKRxG_tvayrZ08oGmo6rUizl1I_NHYz-3ImYd7Zx34fWc

It remains to be seen what films will be included on the set but still an exciting announcement for classic comedy fans.

Offline metaldams

Whoa!  It’s silent stuff.  Larry Semon is mentioned on the cover.  Awesome news, and past my self imposed 90 ban from buying things.  This I will buy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

565 minutes, films from 1907 - 1922.  This is going to be like the 3 disc Sennett set for Vitagraph silents.  Wonderful.  Very excited about this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

This could change any minute but as of Friday morning, Amazon has this pre-order up for $14.99. That's dirt cheap for a 3 disc set from Kino, which is asking $31.99 on their website.

https://www.amazon.com/Vitagraph-Comedies-Blu-ray/dp/B0CV624F47

What a world we live in where a set of Vitagraph comedies is, as of this post, the 12th best seller in movies and TV on Amazon in 2024.

Offline falsealarms

VITAGRAPH COMEDIES

Curated by Rob Stone

Special thanks Rob Farr, Lynanne Schweighofer, George Willeman.

Music supervisor: Dana Reason

Produced for video by Bret Wood

DISC ONE

Vitagraph Comedies, Part One (2024, 13 min.) Video introduction featuring interviews with Rob Farr, Lynanne Schweighofer, Rob Stone, and George Willeman.

The Disintegrated Convict (1907, 6 min.) Music by Andrew Earle Simpson.

The Boy, the Bust, and the Bath (1907, 6 min.) Featuring Florence Lawrence. Music by Qingye Wu.

Get Me a Step-Ladder (1908, 3 min.) Music by Dana Reason.

The New Stenographer (1911, 12 min.) Featuring Maurice Costello, Florence Lawrence. Music by Ben Model.

The Lovesick Maidens of Cuddleton (1912, 12 min.) Featuring Earle Williams, Edith Storey, John Bunny. Music by Andrew Earle Simpson.

A Regiment of Two (1913, 28 min.) Featuring Sidney Drew. Music by Chris Rorrer and Daniel Mandrychenko.

Jane’s Bashful Hero (1916, 15 min.) Featuring Edith Storey. Music by Teil Buck.

The Egyptian Mummy (1913, 15 min.) Featuring Lee Beggs, Constance Talmadge, Billy Quirk. Music by Andrew Earle Simpson.

Sweeney’s Christmas Bird (1914, 14 min.) Featuring Hughie Mack, Flora Finch. Music by Liz Magnes.

A Case of Eugenics (1915, 11 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Esin Aydingoz.

Auntie’s Portrait (1915, 13 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Chris Lock.

Jane Was Worth It (1915, 28 min.) Featuring Edith Storey. Music by Ben Model.

Mr. Jack Trifles (1916, 14 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Don Ross.

Captain Jinks’ Baby (1917, 12 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Ivanna Cuesta Gonzalez.

Captain Jinks’ Cure (1917, 12 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Annette Johnson.

Damsels and Dandies (1919, 15 min.) Featuring Earl Montgomery and Joe Rock. Music by Ben Model.

DISC TWO

Vitagraph Comedies, Part Two (2024, 7 min.) Video introduction featuring Rob Farr, Lynanne Schweighofer, Rob Stone, and George Willeman.

The Flat Dwellers: Or, The House of Too Much Trouble (1907, 6 min.) Music by Shane Prediville.

The Haunted Rocker (1912, 8 min.) Featuring George Ober, Clara Kimball Young. Music by Peter Valsamis.

Kitty and the Cowboys (1911, 11 min.) Featuring John Bunny. Music by Ben Model.

In the Clutches of a Vapor Bath (1911, 7 min.) Featuring John Bunny. Music by Andrew Earle Simpson.

The Deceivers (1915, 13 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Liz Magnes.

His Wife Knew About It (1916, 14 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Linda Chase.

A Horseshoe for Luck (1914, 13 min.) Featuring Sidney Drew. Music by Don Ross.

The Professional Scapegoat (1914, 14 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Violin Noir.

Beautiful Thoughts (1915, 11 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Dana Reason.

Boobley’s Baby (1915, 14 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Renée T. Coulombe.

A Safe Investment (1915, 14 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Ben Model.

A Telegraphic Tangle (1916, 13 min.) Featuring Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew. Music by Violin Noir.

Bullies and Bullets (1917, 13 min.) Featuring Hughie Mack, Patsy De Forest. Music by Dana Reason.

Captain Jinks’ Evolution (1916, 12 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Caterina Maddalena Barbieri.

Captain Jinks, the Cobbler (1916, 12 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Dylan Talisien.

A Little Ouija Work (1918, 13 min.) Featuring Edward Earle, Agnes Ayres. Music by Ben Model.

Mr. Jack Ducks the Alimony (1916, 13 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Violin Noir.

Mr. Jack, the Hash Magnate (1916, 12 min.) Featuring Frank Daniels. Music by Chris Rorrer and Daniel Mandrychenko.

DISC THREE

Vitagraph Comedies, Part Three (2024, 4 min.) Video introduction featuring Rob Farr, Lynanne Schweighofer, Rob Stone, and George Willeman.
Hindoos and Hazards (1918, 10 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Music by Camila Cortina Bello.

The Grocery Clerk (1919, 27 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Music by José María Serralde Ruiz.

The Head Waiter (1919, 19 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Musi by Gonca Feride Varol.

School Days (1920, 25 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Music by Violin Noir.

The Bell Hop (1921, 29 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Music by Peter Valsamis.

The Sawmill (1922, 26 min.) Featuring Larry Semon. Music by Karen Majewicz.

Source: https://kinolorber.com/product/vitagraph-comedies

Offline metaldams

Excellent!  I made sure to pre order now because I have no clue how long that low price will be available.  Sounds like a steal.  I basically get a Larry Semon blu that I’ve always wanted plus two other discs of stuff to explore.  Sounds awesome, can’t wait.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Excellent!  I made sure to pre order now because I have no clue how long that low price will be available.  Sounds like a steal.  I basically get a Larry Semon blu that I’ve always wanted plus two other discs of stuff to explore.  Sounds awesome, can’t wait.

Are you familiar with any of these titles? They're all new to me, though I might have seen one or two Semon titles in the past (but not any of the ones here).

I can remember radio interviews with Moe where he talked about John Bunny and Flora Finch, both featured here.

Offline metaldams

Are you familiar with any of these titles? They're all new to me, though I might have seen one or two Semon titles in the past (but not any of the ones here).

I can remember radio interviews with Moe where he talked about John Bunny and Flora Finch, both featured here.

With Larry Semon, THE SAWMILL and THE GROCERY CLERK I have on other DVD sets,  The former I have actually reviewed on this site.  I think all of the other films minus one I used to have on Grapevine Videos VHS sets, but as I haven’t had a working VCR in years, it’s been a long time since viewing them.  The Semon shorts I’ve seen and remember are funny, certainly the two I have on DVD.

The other two discs I haven’t seen a single film or if I have, I don’t remember them.  I own one film a piece from John Bunny and Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Drew, but not a film that appears on this set.  The former, while he was very popular and made a ton of films - very, very few survive.  As far as the Drew’s, there’s a Barrymore connection here - it’s also how Drew Barrymore got her name.
- Doug Sarnecky