Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What is your favorite Bud Jamison role?

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Mine is Johnson from A Pain in the Pullman, I feel that was Bud Jamison's best performance.

Offline metaldams

Pierre in Whoops, I’m an Indian.  He steals the show there. Love, “Zee big fat Indian mama.” line and the flirting with Curly in general.

He also, as a younger man (not that he ever lived to be old to begin with), did a great boxing match with Charlie Chaplin in The Champion (1915).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Pierre in Whoops, I’m an Indian.  He steals the show there. Love, “Zee big fat Indian mama.” line and the flirting with Curly in general.

"For you I have zee grand surprise!"

"So have I, if you only knew it!"

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!

He also, as a younger man (not that he ever lived to be old to begin with), did a great boxing match with Charlie Chaplin in The Champion (1915).

I am going to have to agree although CRASH GOES THE HASH and his bit role in HIGHER THAN A KITE are pretty awesome.  The latter is just too short though.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Umbrella Sam

It’s a predictable choice, but DISORDER IN THE COURT always comes first to mind for me. CRASH GOES THE HASH also comes to mind, although that’s more because of the “you remind me of the Three Stooges” line than anything. Really, there are so many good ones to choose from, both with the Stooges and without.

Incidentally, in his recent book, The History of Cartoon Voice Acting, Keith Scott speculates that Bud may have done voices in one or two cartoons, which I would love to see confirmed eventually. Bud certainly had the quality of voice for it. I’d also love to eventually see one of his “Rolling Stones” shorts at some point (I’ve heard some of the records, but it’s my understanding that these were actually part of a series of color films).
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

I can’t remember the name of the shirt, but it was with Clark and McCullough where he was playing pranks on the duo.