Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

POLL: Ads on ThreeStooges.net

Poll

How do you feel about the ads appearing on ThreeStooges.net?

Ads?  There are ads?  I haven't even noticed (using an ad blocker.)
2 (25%)
I see ads occasionally, but they don't really other me.
1 (12.5%)
I don't mind ads, but those pop-up ones are really annoying!
3 (37.5%)
I can live with them, but fewer ads would be a lot better.
2 (25%)
I absolutely hate them because I can't use an ad blocker.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I am having very mixed emotions about the Google Ads currently appearing on ThreeStooges.net.  Frankly, I don't particularly like them, myself, BUT... they basically pay for the web hosting of the site.  I was able to keep the site ad -free for a long time, thanks to the generous donations made by Moron4392, but the funds - and donations in general - dried up years ago, so I started experimenting with Google Adsense.  The changes they suggested have helped, and the income from it now reimburses me for most of the costs in keeping the site up, but they also annoy me, particularly the ones that pop-up when you click a link to another page.  I also think the ads are sometimes overwhelming the pages in the mobile browser.  But then, I am also keeping my ad blocker disabled on the site, so I can see where the ads appear.

I'd like to know what others think about them.  No guarantees that I'll be making any changes, but it's a possibility.  You can only vote once but you can change your vote.

Offline metaldams

Of course I would prefer no ads vs ads but I also understand why the ads are here and don’t consider them a deal breaker on this site.  In other words, I can live with it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I turned off the "Vignette ads", as Google calls them.  Those are the ads that take the whole page when you click a link.  Those seemed especially annoying to me.   [stooges]