Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Moronika is moving back home on September 3rd!

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
As our old-timers know, this forum was once part of ThreeStooges.net.  Unfortunately, as time went on the site became more of a resource hog, and eventually I had to move the forum to its own domain, which eased up the drain on the server.  Thus, Moronika.com was born.

It also made me realize that the bulk of the problem that we had been having was my original coding for ThreeStooges.net.  I'm a self-taught  programmer, and frankly there were things that I missed that were contributing to the problem.  Fortunately, I found an excellent object-oriented coding framework that was well documented, and I used it to completely rebuild ThreeStooges.net.

But I wasn't confident about handling user registration and authentication, so I ended up using someone' else's solution.  That worked, but it didn't have a good way to automatically keep the spammers out, like the forum does, do I came up with a bastardized hybrid which did the trick, sort of.  But there have always been issues with it and I've never liked it.

This summer I started looking into blending the forum back into the main site, where it belongs.  I've been working on making and testing the coding changes on my local server, and I've been successful in my database backup tests, so I'm ready to make the move.

Tomorrow morning (Sunday, Sep. 3, 2023) I will put the forum here on Moronika.com into Maintenance Mode in the morning and begin the transfer.  If all goes according to plan, the forum will be blended back into ThreeStooges.net.  At the end of the process, I will change the Moronika.com domain settings to redirect any links to the appropriate page on ThreeStooges.net, so your bookmarks should continue to work.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Rob,

Having developed my own private server for personal use, I know this is no small task.  Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go smoothly, and I will come back to a rejuvenated Moronika and will still have 1960 posts on my record.  [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I’ll check both my bookmark and threestooges.net sometime tomorrow night and let you know if everything is good on my end.
- Doug Sarnecky

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, the move went about as expected - a few hiccups, but I was able to resolve them quickly, and everything seems to be working now.  If you have any trouble logging in, please let me know.

Offline metaldams

Looks like my bookmark still works and threestooges.net shows up in the address bar.  Cool.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!

Online Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I've made a few minor tweaks today in the main site's sidebar:
  • Changed the login link to use the forum's login form in the sidebar
  • You now get redirected back to the page you were on when you log in or log out
  • Modified the appearance of the welcome message in the sidebar when you're logged in

Nothing spectacular, but I'm still reading up on all the ways the forum can be integrated into the site.  My ultimate goal is to use the same template for the main site and forum (without lousing up either in the process.  lol)