Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Bob Barker, 99

Offline ProfessorStooge

Game show legend Bob Barker has passed away at age 99. He was best known as the host of Truth or Consequences, and the long-running The Price is Right. He earned 14 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on The Price is Right, and retired from hosting in 2007. Barker was also a devoted animal rights activist, and closed out the show with the phrase "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered." Barker also scored a notable cameo appearance in the Adam Sandler film Happy Gilmore, which earned him an MTV Movie Award for Best Fight.

Offline hiramhorwitz

Game show legend Bob Barker has passed away at age 99. He was best known as the host of Truth or Consequences, and the long-running The Price is Right. He earned 14 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on The Price is Right, and retired from hosting in 2007. Barker was also a devoted animal rights activist, and closed out the show with the phrase "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered." Barker also scored a notable cameo appearance in the Adam Sandler film Happy Gilmore, which earned him an MTV Movie Award for Best Fight.

Not to mention that Barker hosted the final television appearance of the Three Stooges on his Truth or Consequences program.  Recorded on Oct 27, 1969 and aired in January 1970, here's a screenshot from that appearance.  May Barker RIP.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Sorry to hear that, although it's not a surprise.  Appropriately, I recently started watching old episodes of The Price is Right with Bob Barker on Google TV.  It's funny to see the ugly cars from those days, and a lot of the things Bob says would come across as condescending and sexist these days, but it's still fun to watch and it's interesting to see how some of the games evolved over the years.

R.I.P. Bob Barker.   [sad10] 

Offline metaldams

As a kid in the 80’s, I definitely grew up with Bob and was even told during my high chair days, I would scream for a new car when he was on the screen.  He had a nice run, I hope he’s at peace.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline QuinceHead

Like the best Showcase Showdown contestants, Bob Barker came as close to 100 as possible without going over…