Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

One of Our Members Has Passed

Offline Freddie Sanborn

From Paul Gierucki’s Facebook page:

“Deeply saddened to learn that our friend Mar-Jean Zamperini passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago. A friend of hers shared the details on her page, it appears that she suffered a cardiac event from which she never recovered. Mar-Jean had deep ties with the classic film community, it was always wonderful to see her at the various comedy festivals and gatherings, she will certainly be missed by us -- and all who had the pleasure to know her.”

Long-time members will remember her from her Moronika handle (which I don’t recall at present). I met her at multiple festivals and conventions. Mar-Jean rocked. Rest in Peace.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
From Paul Gierucki’s Facebook page:

“Deeply saddened to learn that our friend Mar-Jean Zamperini passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago. A friend of hers shared the details on her page, it appears that she suffered a cardiac event from which she never recovered. Mar-Jean had deep ties with the classic film community, it was always wonderful to see her at the various comedy festivals and gatherings, she will certainly be missed by us -- and all who had the pleasure to know her.”

I never met Mar-Jean, but I remember her love of the Stooges and her sense of humor.  She was one of our original Master Stooge members on Team Stooge, and she was a big help in getting the Filmography off the ground back in the day.  She was an active participant on the forum back then, too, although she hasn't posted for the last few years.  I've missed her on the forum, but did follow her posts on Facebook.  I'm very sad to hear that she's gone.

Long-time members will remember her from her Moronika handle (which I don’t recall at present). I met her at multiple festivals and conventions. Mar-Jean rocked. Rest in Peace.

FineBari3 

R.I.P., Mar-Jean  She's got her Shemp wings now.   [angel12]

Offline hiramhorwitz

So very sad.

Here's a picture of Mar-Jean with Larry Fine's niece, Phyllis Goldbloom, from October 2007 (Mar-Jean is on the right, and Phyllis is on the left).

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Though we never met, Mar-Jean was a long-time Facebook friend. I'll miss her.

Offline metaldams

Damn.  She had to be what, in her fifties?  Certainly way too young.  I remember her from this board and the surreal and crazy days of the C3 board.  Always liked her and did miss her presence in recent years as I’m not on Facebook.  May she rest in peace and my deepest condolences to those that knew and loved her.  So sad.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Sorry to see this news.  I remember FineBari3 being around here and, as with others around here, wondered what came of her.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline JazzBill

I'm really sorry to hear that she has passed away. I ran into her a few times at the Stooges fan club meetings in Ft. Washington.  She was a very nice lady.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa