Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

NEW! A Tour De Farce: The Complete History of the Three Stooges on the Road

Dunrobin · 37 · 34305

Offline QuinceHead

Looks like I need to start saving my pennies! Had no idea this book existed until I saw the scrolling banner across the top of the web page…

Offline archiezappa

Well, I'm about one third of the way through this book and I'm absolutely blown away! This book has so many great photos and ad reproductions. There is so much new information. I love seeing old myths debunked as further evidence and research provides further truth.

And the timeline! The format of this book is very much a timeline of The Three Stooges careers. That helps in understanding perspective, context, and cause-and-effect. Such excellent attributes for a book like this.

I'm really enjoying going through this book. I can't say enough good things about it. Thanks Gary for all your hard work!

Offline garystooge

Thanks so much for your nice comments Arch. Glad you appreciate this newly improved timeline. In the past it was difficult to know exactly what the Stooges were doing in any given month or year without pulling together info from several sources. Now fans can almost tell what the Boys were doing on any given day . Gary

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks so much for your nice comments Arch. Glad you appreciate this newly improved timeline. In the past it was difficult to know exactly what the Stooges were doing in any given month or year without pulling together info from several sources. Now fans can almost tell what the Boys were doing on any given day . Gary

It is a prodigious achievement, Gary.  It's even putrid!   ;D

Offline Myren

Thank you to who ever posted this book in the top banner. I had no idea this was out. I ordered it and it just showed up today. (Might I say with in two days, wow.) I have just had a chance to flip through it, and I have to say I am really digging it! So many photos I have never seen. Thank you again.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thank you to who ever posted this book in the top banner. I had no idea this was out. I ordered it and it just showed up today. (Might I say with in two days, wow.) I have just had a chance to flip through it, and I have to say I am really digging it! So many photos I have never seen. Thank you again.

You're welcome!  As soon as I saw the announcement from Gary that his book was finally available, I knew that we had to promote it to make sure that fans knew about it.  :)

Offline metaldams

So for something crazy, if you turn to page 262 in this book, you’ll see a picture of The Three Stooges with the three brothers who would eventually own Three Little Bakers Dinner Theater in Wilmington, DE.  While I don’t believe it’s still there, I did go there once and remember a picture of the owners with The Three Stooges on display.  Don’t know if it’s the same pic, but it very likely could be.

For something more humorous, they also had a golf course.  As a teenager in the 90’s, before me and my friends could drive, we had to walk to the record/CD store, Wonderland Records, to buy music.  In order to do so, we had to cut through The Three Little Bakers golf course regularly and sometimes got chased out of there, Three Little Beers style.

I’m about to read the 1942 section now.  I just watched watched all nine shorts that were filmed that year today and want to see what happened surrounding them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline garystooge

Offline Mark The Shark

I'm kind of late replying here, but I just want to say what a great book this is. It's ostensibly about one aspect of the Stooges' careers but its thorough coverage answers so many questions which maybe we didn't even know were questions.

For instance, now it's reliably established exactly when certain things happened. For decades we've been told the Stooges trio was established in 1925 because the same info from one book was copied over and over, now we have a timeline of the comings and goings of Moe, Shemp and Larry and we know all three appeared together for the first time in 1929, only a year before "Soup To Nuts." We know the exact dates when Shemp first left and Curly joined. We have more detail on the situation in 1945 when Shemp briefly was an emergency fill-in for Curly. I appreciate the clearer picture and reappraisal of Ted Healy. And everything is documented. This book is absolutely essential and sets the record straight on many long standing questions.

What a wonderful book! Thank you Gary!

Offline garystooge

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate the shout out. Setting the record straight was a major motivation for this book. I always found it bothersome in the other Stooges books that lots of stuff was bandied about as fact without presenting any evidence. They're all filled with Moe said this, or Larry thought that, even though the author wasn't even there and couldn't possibly know what was actually said or thought. It leaves the reader wondering about credibility. I decided to put the evidence for my findings right in the book. So when I write that the Stooges were in Memphis from August 10-12, I present the newspaper ad or contract or poster for the shows containing that info. Anyway, thanks again for your comments and glad you like the book.
Gary