Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Joe Besser and Joe DeRita figures coming out

Offline falsealarms

Figures Toy Company has released figures of Moe/Larry/Curly/Shemp in various outfits/poses, and even Lupe the Wolfman from IDLE ROOMERS.

Soon you can add Joe Besser and Joe DeRita to that list: https://www.facebook.com/figurestoycompany/posts/pfbid0Wq5ydLBT6iAEJ5WGAgPVRaj5V9GUSUvRfmZSMsC4ExoiqeTHc5WDbBnwSXE1zLmil

Offline metaldams

Derita’s figure is too thin and looks like William McKinley.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Freddie Sanborn

Looks like they got the old security guard at their building to pose for DeRita.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline falsealarms

They've put out some really good figures of the other Stooges but these two are definitely among the weakest, if not the weakest, in terms of appearance and likeness. Maybe the budget was slashed in the creation of these two.

Still, who would think the world would see Besser and DeRita figures in 2023?!

Offline metaldams

Still, who would think the world would see Besser and DeRita figures in 2023?!

Actually not that surprising considering how overly saturated the action figure market has become.  The demons that appeared on the cover of now forty year old Slayer and Venom albums have their own action figures.  My brother just texted me pics yesterday of two Cliff Burton action figures he just bought. 

Waiting for the silent and early sound comedy market to open up.  I may finally bite when they release a Blanche Payson figure.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline archiezappa

Yes, this is interesting that they would do this. That gives us all of the Stooges. Now we need a Ted Healy figure. Or, better yet, Emil Sitka. And don't forget Christine McIntyre!