Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

THE LITTLE RASCALS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION CENTENNIAL EDITION (Blu-ray/DVD)

Offline Tony Bensley

I'm actually quite surprised there isn't already a thread about "The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection Centennial Edition" Blu-ray/DVD release on here!

While I've only viewed a 1/2 dozen shorts on this Blu-ray set so far, I have found the PQ to be a vast improvement over the RHI-Entertainment DVDs!!

Simply put, Hal Roach's Rascals have never looked better!! David and the folks at ClassicFlix have really done themselves proud with these beautiful 2K restorations!!!  :)

This excellent set can be ordered here:
https://www.classicflix.com/products/copy-of-the-little-rascals-the-complete-collection-centennial-edition

CHEERS! [pie]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
That's so cool!  I hadn't heard about this collection yet.  It looks like I'm going to be buying myself a late Christmas present.  ;)

The collection is also available through Amazon (buying it through the link earns a small commission for ThreeStooges.net.)

Offline Tony Bensley

That's so cool!  I hadn't heard about this collection yet.  It looks like I'm going to be buying myself a late Christmas present.  ;)

The collection is also available through Amazon (buying it through the link earns a small commission for ThreeStooges.net.)
Just be sure to note the above link connects to the DVD edition. Those who want the Blu-ray edition will need to click the arrow beside Format: DVD to navigate to the Blu-ray and DVD buttons, and click on the Blu-ray option!!

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Umbday

I'm actually quite surprised there isn't already a thread about "The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection Centennial Edition" Blu-ray/DVD release on here!

Regrettably for me, I've already shelled out for five of the six individual volumes, and had no idea that an enhanced, complete collection would be released. Not sure that I'll quadruple dip (having purchased at least three other complete collections over the years).

Offline Tony Bensley

Regrettably for me, I've already shelled out for five of the six individual volumes, and had no idea that an enhanced, complete collection would be released. Not sure that I'll quadruple dip (having purchased at least three other complete collections over the years).
I get your dilemma. Purchasing Volume 6 and the Bonus disc probably doesn't cost much less than the complete collection itself, assuming they're both back in print, which ClassicFlix promised they would be, at some point. David stated they will also send casing and labeling for the six volumes and one for the bonus disc (7 disc casing is apparently rather scarce!) for those who go that route.

Good luck! :)

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Tony Bensley

While I've only viewed a 1/2 dozen shorts on this Blu-ray set so far, I have found the PQ to be a vast improvement over the RHI-Entertainment DVDs!!

Simply put, Hal Roach's Rascals have never looked better!! David and the folks at ClassicFlix have really done themselves proud with these beautiful 2K restorations!!!  :)

This excellent set can be ordered here:
https://www.classicflix.com/products/copy-of-the-little-rascals-the-complete-collection-centennial-edition

CHEERS! [pie]
To date, I have viewed 26 of the 'Our Gang' shorts (The first 23 sound shorts; plus CHOO-CHOO; REUNION IN RHYTHM; and MAIL AND FEMALE) on the ClassicFlix "The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection Centennial Edition" 6 Disc Blu-ray set, and without exception, they all look noticeably better than their previous RHI-Entertainment DVD counterparts!

I did start a Facebook group a little while back, in which I post screenshot comparisons twice a week (Wednesdays, and Saturdays or Sundays!). Please feel free to join and post comments for each entry. While I have thus far only posted the first 8 of the 80 Hal Roach era sound shorts, I guarantee they get even better down the line! It is public at present, and anyone can join.

Here is the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/494748652794982/?multi_permalinks=510800641189783&notif_id=1675604538777231&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Tony Bensley

To date, I have viewed 26 of the 'Our Gang' shorts (The first 23 sound shorts; plus CHOO-CHOO; REUNION IN RHYTHM; and MAIL AND FEMALE) on the ClassicFlix "The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection Centennial Edition" 6 Disc Blu-ray set, and without exception, they all look noticeably better than their previous RHI-Entertainment DVD counterparts!

I did start a Facebook group a little while back, in which I post screenshot comparisons twice a week (Wednesdays, and Saturdays or Sundays!). Please feel free to join and post comments for each entry. While I have thus far only posted the first 8 of the 80 Hal Roach era sound shorts, I guarantee they get even better down the line! It is public at present, and anyone can join.

Here is the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/494748652794982/?multi_permalinks=510800641189783&notif_id=1675604538777231&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

CHEERS!  [pie]
I finally finished posting screenshot comparisons for all 80 'Our Gang' Hal Roach era sound shorts today, with HIDE AND SHRIEK (1938) being the last one!

Here is the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/494748652794982/?multi_permalinks=670545001882012&notif_id=1698358603436208&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

CHEERS!  [pie]

Offline Umbday

I finally finished posting screenshot comparisons for all 80 'Our Gang' Hal Roach era sound shorts today, with HIDE AND SHRIEK (1938) being the last one!

Here is the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/494748652794982/?multi_permalinks=670545001882012&notif_id=1698358603436208&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

CHEERS!  [pie]

Tony — Congratulations, and thanks for this great resource. I appreciate the observations and commentary.

Offline Tony Bensley

Tony — Congratulations, and thanks for this great resource. I appreciate the observations and commentary.
You're welcome Umbday, and thank you so much for your kind words! They're really appreciated!!  :) CHEERS!  :)