Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

IF I HAD A MILLION (1932) coming to Blu-ray

Offline falsealarms

Kino Lorber Studio Classics is bringing the all-star vehicle IF I HAD A MILLION (1932) to Blu-ray.

The loaded cast includes Gary Cooper, George Raft, Jack Oakie, and of most interest here, W.C. Fields.

I believe this was only previously available on a made-on-demand DVD-R so this should be a substantial upgrade. It's not streaming anywhere, either.

No release date yet hopefully 2023.

Announcement:
https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberStudioClassics/posts/pfbid02G5qRJua9ETqHoqd9jxfbq43a14hPNGhDQBCGk8WTKmK3PPthUhnue1dj5HQmhuvKl

Offline Dr. Mabuse

"If I Had a Million" was included as part of the five-DVD "W.C. Fields Comedy Essentials Collection." It's nice to see the film  getting a long-overdue upgrade.

Offline falsealarms

I finally had a chance to watch this over the weekend. I thought it was generally a lot of fun with so many big names in front of and behind the cameras attached.

The W.C. Fields road hogs "story" was perhaps the best, but just about of them were good in their own ways. Gary Cooper and George Raft also had interesting stories in the film, and the death row inmate one was rather poignant.

The only one that struck a down chord with me was the last one in the elderly home, which at times was kind of uncomfortable and over the top in its portrayal of elderly women.

I'd give it a solid B and well worth seeking out for fans of that era of film.