Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Coming on 12/27/22: American Masters - Groucho & Cavett

Offline Moose Malloy

I watched the Cavett show every night as a kid. I got a kick out of old Groucho doing his old schtick  :)

Offline falsealarms

Anyone watch this? I thought it was great, really well done. It's streaming on PBS ' website and their smart TV app until late January.

Definitely recommended to any Groucho or Cavett fans.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I watched it. I’ll admit, I did have my doubts at first considering it was mainly Cavett himself recounting his memories of Groucho and I didn’t think there would be enough there to sustain an entire documentary, but, as was usually the case on his show, Cavett was a great interviewer who really paid attention to what his subjects were saying and built off of that, and add upon that the fact that he clearly did have a lot of respect for Groucho and you get a really fascinating recollection of those times spent with Groucho. Probably the most fascinating thing to me was learning that Cavett actually did try to get Zeppo on the show; what a missed opportunity, I would liked to have heard some of the jokes that were apparently so funny that they had Groucho on the floor laughing.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com