Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle: Rediscovering Roscoe with Steve Massa

Offline metaldams

Fantastic Arbuckle documentary from Dave Glass and Steve Massa followed by a showing of HIS WIFE’S MISTAKE (1916).  Really worth an hour of your time.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks for sharing this, Doug.  I don't really know that much about Arbuckle (other than the controversy), so I look forward to watching this later.  :)

Offline metaldams

Thanks for sharing this, Doug.  I don't really know that much about Arbuckle (other than the controversy), so I look forward to watching this later.  :)

Some of Shemp’s earliest work is some of Roscoe’s last - just before he passed.

Hope you enjoy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Some of Shemp’s earliest work is some of Roscoe’s last - just before he passed.

Hope you enjoy.

I knew that from browsing through the Filmography (I'm always amazed by what I find in there!), and I think I remember seeing a clip from one of those shorts with Shemp once, but I don't think I've ever actually watched any of them.

Offline NoahYoung

I have all his Vitaphone talkies archived ready to watch. I've only seen 2 of them in the past. I enjoy spotting landmarks from my old Brooklyn neighborhood. The studios were in a different area than where I lived, but they did travel to different locations where I've spotted buildings from my neighborhood. I have a silent digest (about 8 minutes) of BUZZIN' AROUND in Super 8.

Most of what I've seen of his films were the ones with Buster Keaton. I recently acquired 3 other shorts of his on film from Blackhawk -- I think all with Mabel Normand  -- I wasn't that impressed. I do love THE ROUNDERS short he did with Chaplin, though.
Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz