Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"Watch Film' Option missing from various shorts

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
    • I Surf for the Freedom!!
If you want I can post a list but so far the following shorts dont have Watch Film listed

Pals & Gals {Moe, Larry & Shemp}

NOTE: i tried logging back in, Pals and Gals so far is the only short without the ability to watch it
Shemp: Moe! Larry! Wait for me!! *hits himself with shovel*
~ Who Done It?

Offline metaldams

If you find some films on YouTube, just post them in the thread.  I’ll then attach them up on top.  Here’s the thing though - being copyrighted films, I can’t guarantee they’ll stay up, as Sony tends to take them off YouTube.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
What about Dailymotion ? or would that not work ?
~ Who Done It?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
If you want I can post a list but so far the following shorts dont have Watch Film listed

Pals & Gals {Moe, Larry & Shemp}

NOTE: i tried logging back in, Pals and Gals so far is the only short without the ability to watch it

I'm pretty sure Pals and Gals is the only one missing of the Columbia shorts. I must have been distracted when I was ripping the DVDs a few years ago; I don't have a copy of that one in any of my folders.  I've put a copy of it (ripped by someone else) in place of the missing file, so it's there now.  ;)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
What about Dailymotion ? or would that not work ?

Actually, I have added in a feature to make links to videos on DailyMotion, YouTube, Archive.org, and other video sites available in the "Watch The Film" section, so if you know of a video online of something in the Filmography, please send me a PM or email with the link and I will get it added.  The links will open a popup with the video embedded - for those sites where I was able to find embed code ;)   Otherwise it will just open the other site's page for the video.

Of course, as Doug pointed out, there is no guarantee on how long those links will last, as they get taken down fairly often.  Woman Haters is an example with the "Watch on Other Sites" portion of the Watch the Film section, and when I checked them I found a broken link and had to remove it.  lol

Offline Faeriegirl

• Shemp's Darling Dilly
  • Grapehead
  • Dreaming of Shemp
I'm pretty sure Pals and Gals is the only one missing of the Columbia shorts. I must have been distracted when I was ripping the DVDs a few years ago; I don't have a copy of that one in any of my folders.  I've put a copy of it (ripped by someone else) in place of the missing file, so it's there now;)
*Gets some popcorn* Its one of my favorite Shemp Shorts, so far like I said its the only one without it showing.

THANK YOU!
~ Who Done It?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
*Gets some popcorn* Its one of my favorite Shemp Shorts, so far like I said its the only one without it showing.

THANK YOU!

You're welcome, and enjoy!   [happy1]

It was a hectic time when I ripped the videos and I must have been distracted and accidentally skipped it, because I didn't have a copy of it anywhere.  All of the other shorts are present and accounted for.  ;)