Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

“All Curly, All the Time” article by Scott “Dr. Mabuse” Rivers

Offline metaldams

…and if you click Scott’s name on the article in the link, you will see other articles he’s written.  Some good stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Ah, so it turns out I've not only seen the Good Doctor around Moronika -- I've also seen him many a time around the SLAPSTICK NATION! (group on Facebook)...   ;D

Loved the article, Doc! Great stuff.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline HomokHarcos

I've seen some articles from that blog before, had no idea it was Mabuse! I liked reading it and remembering the Curly period. I can see that Mabuse really appreciated Del Lord's work.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I agree, a really great article and I also enjoyed reading the other ones, especially the one on the early Famous Popeye cartoons. Thanks for sharing.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

I’m going to revisit STRANGLER IN THE SWAMP soon.  I have that old Image DVD Mabuse reviewed…..and I also need to revisit some Hitchcock.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Good god what a concise, well written piece! It must have taken many weeks to complete...takes me 2 hours to write one decent paragraph! Kudos, Doctor  ;)

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Good god what a concise, well written piece! It must have taken many weeks to complete...takes me 2 hours to write one decent paragraph! Kudos, Doctor  ;)

Grateful thanks, Moose.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

I just now came across your page and I actually really like it, I wholeheartedly agree with you that the 1939-41 era was definitely the peak of the Curly.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

I just now came across your page and I actually really like it. I wholeheartedly agree with you that the 1939-41 era was definitely the peak of the Curly.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Thanks for the positive feedback. I truly appreciate it.

You're entirely welcome, I've always enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing things from your perspective, I also agree with you that "Crash Goes The Hash" was the last Curly short to get a perfect rating although "Idiots Deluxe" does come close if it wasn't for the bear licking the honey scene going on way too long, I can't wait for your Shemp reviews.