Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Best Stooge parody that never was

Offline metaldams

Haven’t done a straight Stooge topic like this in a while, so here goes.  Think of one movie or TV show, say after 1965, that The Three Stooges could have parodied well.  Be as detailed or non detailed as you like.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Freddie Sanborn

They should have been cast in The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming. But they could have also had fun spoofing Bonnie and Clyde (was Bonnie Bonnell still alive?) or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline metaldams

They should have been cast in The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming. But they could have also had fun spoofing Bonnie and Clyde (was Bonnie Bonnell still alive?) or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Bonnie Bonnell died in 1964, so she just missed out.  That partnership with Andy Clyde was so close.  Imagine those two doing that film!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

If The Three Stooges lived longer, I could see, at the very least, Shemp doing the Kramer role in Seinfeld.  A parody Shemp solo role.  Actually, Jerry and George would be better suited for Bud and Lou, so yes, definitely Shemp solo.

My brain is still itching for a Stooge parody, I’ll think of something.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Steven Spielberg's 1975 blockbuster "Jaws." The closest they came was "Booby Dupes."

Offline metaldams

The Three Stooges meeting Jaws would work.

While on the monster realm, any 80’s slasher movie, take your pick with the dozens of them, where there’s a group of annoying teens being hunted down by a killer would benefit with Stooge replacements.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

GHOSTBUSTERS II. Oh wait…

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

GHOSTBUSTERS II. Oh wait…

Now that’s my generation!  Had that game as a kid.  Nice pick.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

In all seriousness, I actually would kind of be interested in seeing how the Stooges would handle parodies of modern fantasies like THE LORD OF THE RINGS or HARRY POTTER series. I can see it now: Larry as Frodo, Moe as his faithful, hot tempered sidekick Sam, and Curly as Gollum. It would be so bizarre, but if anyone could pull it off, it would be him.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

Offline metaldams

A Godfather parody so Larry can reprise his role as Marlon Brando.

I was thing THE GODFATHER, but you gave a better reason as to why.  That would be excellent.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Or Don Vi-Moe Corleone.

"Ya can act like a man, ya lamebrain! *SLAP* What'sa matter with ya?!"
"With oranges, it's much harder..."