Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
[occasion15]  [occasion13]  [occasion15]
Twenty-Five Years

My brother and I just realized that we almost forgot to renew the domain registration for ThreeStooges.net, which would have expired on the 31st.  Now that would have been a hell of an "April Fools!"   [pie]

But that made me realize that it was twenty-five years ago - in 1997 - that we first registered the domain, after that little dust-up I had with the lawyers (which turned out to be my own fault.)  ThreeStooges.net has been continuously growing for a quarter of a century, thanks in tremendous part to the tireless efforts of our Master Stooge, BeAStooge, along with the rest of TeamStooge and the staff and researchers at The Three Stooges Journal.  We can proudly claim to be the most complete, most accurate information resouce about the Three Stooges - anywhere.  ;)

So help us celebrate!  If you have explored ThreeStooges.net in a while, WHY THE FUCK NOT!  I mean -- you owe it to yourself to wander around to see the amazing amount of information we've accumulated.  And participate, too!  You can  rate and leave reviews of the movies and shorts in the Filmography, as well as books, comics, records, and video rleases.  (If you've left a review before, can review and update them in My Stooges.

And if you've ever attended any of the Three Stooges Conventions and Fan Club Meetings over the years, please share your photos of the event or event memoribilia, along with your memories of it.

And for god's sake, if there is a feature that ThreeStooges.net needs, please let me know.  I am semi-retired, and frankly, I'm getting bored. I need a programming challenge.  lol 

Offline metaldams

Congrats Rob!  You really do have the best Stooges site on the web and I definitely use it as a resource.  I mean, friggin Jimmy Stewart has an entry because he appeared in some Shemp solo shorts - that’s pretty detailed.

So it was April 1997?  I was a senior in high school and am now 43.  I think some of our posters here weren’t even born yet.  How time flies.

Researching is not my strong point, but if I ever have something that I feel I can add, I will say something.  In the mean time, you, Brent and the others do an amazing job.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Congratulations Rob!  That's an amazing milestone to reach.  Thank you for all you and your colleagues have done over the years.

Wow... I was 3 years old when this site was born!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Umbrella Sam

Congratulations! Threestooges.net really is a fantastic resource for everything Stooges-related, and I’ve enjoyed reading all the little production details and rarities it offers. One of these days, I’d like to get around to watching all the Three Stooges shorts in order again and if I do that, I’ll probably comment on the Threestooges.net website (one of my great regrets is that I was not around here when the weekly forum discussions were going on). I truly appreciate all the research you guys have done, it’s incredibly well organized.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

You must be a pioneer in running websites, congrats for this 25 year anniversary!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Congrats Rob!  You really do have the best Stooges site on the web and I definitely use it as a resource.  I mean, friggin Jimmy Stewart has an entry because he appeared in some Shemp solo shorts - that’s pretty detailed.

So it was April 1997?  I was a senior in high school and am now 43.  I think some of our posters here weren’t even born yet.  How time flies.

Researching is not my strong point, but if I ever have something that I feel I can add, I will say something.  In the mean time, you, Brent and the others do an amazing job.

I visit the home page every day, because it's fascinating to see all the various births and deaths and finding people you'd never think of as connected to the Three Stooges.  I mean, we have John F. Kennedy and Dwight D. Eisenhower in the cast lists, for crying out loud!   [laughing7]

It was March 31st, 1997; back in the (then) brand new 56K modem days.  My brother was working as tech support/website design for a small local Internet Provider at the time.  He'd been checking various domain names based on the Stooges, but most of the obvious ones were already registered by C3 - except for .net, which they somehow missed.  So my brother quickly registered it and I paid for some space on the company's server and started rebuilding the site.  A couple of years later I started teaching myself programming, and the rest is history.

And yeah, time flies.  In fact, it seems to pick up speed as you get older (I'll be 67 in a few more months.)  I saw a meme the other day that pointed out:

1970 and 2022 Are as Far Apart as 1970 and 1918
 …
I’m Just Going to Need a Minute

Think about it.  Teens  today feel the same way about my high school days the way we felt back then about World War 1. 

(Actually, I do need a minute....)   [oldman]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Congratulations Rob!  That's an amazing milestone to reach.  Thank you for all you and your colleagues have done over the years.

Wow... I was 3 years old when this site was born!

In a sense, the site is actually older than that; I created the original version of it in 1993.  It was hosted back then on a community domain where you could build a personal web site, and I decided to base mine of the Three Stooges.   [3stooges]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
You must be a pioneer in running websites, congrats for this 25 year anniversary!

Thanks!  I never thought about it that way, but I suppose we are.  We're older than Google or Amazon.  I'm pretty sure that Moronika.com is also the longest continuously operating Three Stooges forum in the world (well, except for a couple of brief periods years ago when yours truly was teaching himself programming and accidentally screwed up, but hey - I fixed it!)  It was originally embedded in ThreeStooges.net, but I had to move it over to its own domain many years ago.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Congratulations! Threestooges.net really is a fantastic resource for everything Stooges-related, and I’ve enjoyed reading all the little production details and rarities it offers. One of these days, I’d like to get around to watching all the Three Stooges shorts in order again and if I do that, I’ll probably comment on the Threestooges.net website (one of my great regrets is that I was not around here when the weekly forum discussions were going on). I truly appreciate all the research you guys have done, it’s incredibly well organized.

Thanks, Sam, and it makes me happy to know that others enjoy browsing the site and learning new things about the Stooges.  I built the site* and yet I'm constantly amazed at all of the details it contains.   ;D

And please, feel free to add your own reviews to the site.  I love to read what others think of the films and shorts, and I'd love it if members started leaving comments and review in the other areas of the site as well.  ;)

Offline metaldams

https://threestooges.net/cast/actor/5959

Dwight D. Eisenhower

https://threestooges.net/cast/actor/5956

John F. Kennedy

Add these presidents to the database

Joe Biden, Barack Moebama, Bill Clinton

George W Bush
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
"Here's to ya!"
"Not to me, to you!" (splash)
 -- Curly and Moe, CALLING ALL CURS

Congratulations, Rob! To you, Brent and Team Stooge on a quarter-century of not just the premier Three Stooges resource, but one of the most comprehensive film databases on the World Wide Web.

March 1997. I would have just turned 2 toward the end of the previous year. Kinda crazy to think this site has been around for almost as long as posters like Paul Pain and I have.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

Fifteen - twenty years ago, I was the young guy on the board!

I hope all you young whippersnappers stick around to pay my medical bills.  I actually have four cousins the age of you guys born in the nineties, I’m the oldest of eight grandchildren.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

One more for the road

Another president, no surprise since he was an actual actor.

https://threestooges.net/cast/actor/1774

Ronald Reagan
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Congratulations, Rob! To you, Brent and Team Stooge on a quarter-century of not just the premier Three Stooges resource, but one of the most comprehensive film databases on the World Wide Web.

Thanks!  That has always been the goal - to be the most accurate and comprehensive resource for everything Stooges-related.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Fifteen - twenty years ago, I was the young guy on the board!

I hope all you young whippersnappers stick around to pay my medical bills.  I actually have four cousins the age of you guys born in the nineties, I’m the oldest of eight grandchildren.

You might be outta luck.  My generation is probably going to break the empty bank that is Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid.  You young whippersnappers might be on your own. 

Offline hiramhorwitz

[occasion15]  [occasion13]  [occasion15]
Twenty-Five Years

My brother and I just realized that we almost forgot to renew the domain registration for ThreeStooges.net, which would have expired on the 31st.  Now that would have been a hell of an "April Fools!"   [pie]

But that made me realize that it was twenty-five years ago - in 1997 - that we first registered the domain, after that little dust-up I had with the lawyers (which turned out to be my own fault.)  ThreeStooges.net has been continuously growing for a quarter of a century, thanks in tremendous part to the tireless efforts of our Master Stooge, BeAStooge, along with the rest of TeamStooge and the staff and researchers at The Three Stooges Journal.  We can proudly claim to be the most complete, most accurate information resouce about the Three Stooges - anywhere.  ;)

So help us celebrate!  If you have explored ThreeStooges.net in a while, WHY THE FUCK NOT!  I mean -- you owe it to yourself to wander around to see the amazing amount of information we've accumulated.  And participate, too!  You can  rate and leave reviews of the movies and shorts in the Filmography, as well as books, comics, records, and video rleases.  (If you've left a review before, can review and update them in My Stooges.

And if you've ever attended any of the Three Stooges Conventions and Fan Club Meetings over the years, please share your photos of the event or event memoribilia, along with your memories of it.

And for god's sake, if there is a feature that ThreeStooges.net needs, please let me know.  I am semi-retired, and frankly, I'm getting bored. I need a programming challenge.  lol

Congrats to you on this monumental achievement, Rob - time surely does fly, doesn't it?  Keep up the outstanding woik!

Your invitation to add images and memories to the Convention/Fan Club Meeting pages has me wondering "How do I do that?"  Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated.

Bravo to you and the whole ThreeStooges.net crew!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Congrats to you on this monumental achievement, Rob - time surely does fly, doesn't it?  Keep up the outstanding woik!

Your invitation to add images and memories to the Convention/Fan Club Meeting pages has me wondering "How do I do that?"  Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated.

Bravo to you and the whole ThreeStooges.net crew!

Thanks! 

You need to log in to your account on ThreeStooges.net (if you haven't created one yet, go into your Profile summary page here on Moronika.com and look for the link that says "Register on ThreeStooges.net"), then just go to the Conventions & Fan Club Meetings page and click on the link for the one you attended.  At the bottom of the page you'll see the area for Member photos.  Just click the link in the center ("Share your pictures of this event.") to open a popup window where you can add your photos.  It's a new(ish) feature, so let me know if you run into any problems using it.

Offline metaldams

Within the next few days I’m going to sort out my threestooges.net situation and copy and paste some reviews here to the site.  I tried logging in with my Moronika password and no dice.  I may need to re-register or get a password update, but I’ll figure it out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

You need to log in to your account on ThreeStooges.net (if you haven't created one yet, go into your Profile summary page here on Moronika.com and look for the link that says "Register on ThreeStooges.net"), then just go to the Conventions & Fan Club Meetings page and click on the link for the one you attended.  At the bottom of the page you'll see the area for Member photos.  Just click the link in the center ("Share your pictures of this event.") to open a popup window where you can add your photos.  It's a new(ish) feature, so let me know if you run into any problems using it.
I logged in, but unfortunately still don't see the area for Member photos or the link to "Share your pictures of this event."  Strangely, I'm unable to scroll to the very bottom of the page.  When I've scrolled about two-thirds of the way down,  the scroll resets me at a higher position, and if I continue trying to move the scroll bar to the bottom, my screen "flashes" and keeps resetting the page with the scroll bar at the two-thirds position.  Is there another approach I can try?  Thanks in advance for your help on this!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I logged in, but unfortunately still don't see the area for Member photos or the link to "Share your pictures of this event."  Strangely, I'm unable to scroll to the very bottom of the page.  When I've scrolled about two-thirds of the way down,  the scroll resets me at a higher position, and if I continue trying to move the scroll bar to the bottom, my screen "flashes" and keeps resetting the page with the scroll bar at the two-thirds position.  Is there another approach I can try?  Thanks in advance for your help on this!

Are you viewing the page on your phone or in a desktop browser?  I don't remember if I finished testing the mobile version, now that I think of it.  Let me know, as it sounds like I may need to rewrite some code.

UPDATE:  I just tested the page and member feature on my phone (Motorola Stylus G) and it worked fine.  I was using a chrome-based browser (Vivaldi), so please let me know what browser you are using, too.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Within the next few days I’m going to sort out my threestooges.net situation and copy and paste some reviews here to the site.  I tried logging in with my Moronika password and no dice.  I may need to re-register or get a password update, but I’ll figure it out.

It's because I can't securely send your password to a different domain.  So when you first register, you need to use the "Forgot Password" on the login page to reset it.  The same is true for old-timers, like you, Doug, who were initially imported into the new users table over on ThreeStooges.net years ago, when I did the re-write of ThreeStooges.net using the current framework.  Your passwords are encrypted when they are stored in the database, so when members were initially copied over to the new table all the password field got was encrypted gobblety-goop.  Of course, once you reset it, it will still be enrypted gobblety-goop, but at least it will be goop that the site understands.  ;)

NOTE:  If you are no longer using the email address that you used to register here on Moronika, then you may not get the email to change your password.  If you think this is the case, please contact me through the forum or by email and I will update your email address manually on ThreeStooges.net so you can complete the password reset.

Offline hiramhorwitz

Are you viewing the page on your phone or in a desktop browser?  I don't remember if I finished testing the mobile version, now that I think of it.  Let me know, as it sounds like I may need to rewrite some code.

UPDATE:  I just tested the page and member feature on my phone (Motorola Stylus G) and it worked fine.  I was using a chrome-based browser (Vivaldi), so please let me know what browser you are using, too.
I'm viewing the page on my PC (the only phone I have is a rotary landline, and it definitely can't access the internet), and my browser is Firefox.  Is the browser my problem?  Thank you for the help, Rob.

Offline metaldams

I'm viewing the page on my PC (the only phone I have is a rotary landline, and it definitely can't access the internet), and my browser is Firefox.  Is the browser my problem?  Thank you for the help, Rob.

I’m the complete opposite of you.  No PC, strictly on iPads and iPhones.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

I’m the complete opposite of you.  No PC, strictly on iPads and iPhones.
I recognize I'm in the minority.  The bigger the viewing screen, the better, in my opinion.  The thought of trying to read tiny characters on a cell phone screen makes me nauseated.  And the thought of having a telephone with me at all times makes me nauseated, too.  Anything I can do to minimize distractions and interruptions makes me happy as a clam.   

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats to you Rob and your brother for maintaining these 2 great sites for the big 25. I think you've outlasted Law and Order, and all the subsequent spin-offs....   ;D
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.