Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Weird end title shenanigans on Me-TV

Offline Mark The Shark

This isn't a huge problem, since the Stooge shorts have been restored on DVD -- but it's bizarre and confusing. Over the last several months, the Stooges shorts on Me-TV and Me-TV Plus occasionally have some weird end title edits -- it's not on every film, but often a 1930s short will play, and then at the end, there is a sudden edit cutting to the end title of a late 1940s short. Then the Sony TV logo appears. Like I said, it's not on every film, and the last couple of shorts I saw altered like this were done a little more "professionally" as the picture portion had a circa 1948 end title card with the original 1930s end title music accompanying it.

It doesn't matter -- I have the DVDs -- but I just wonder why someone is even bothering to mess with them like this. The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is, I note the 1940s end title being subbed onto these shorts has no reference to Columbia Pictures. Maybe Sony wants to phase out the Columbia name? (But again, why?)

I guess I'm just puzzled about this and curious about the reasoning behind it, because it seems not to make any sense.

Offline NoahYoung

Trying to understand the motives of huge corporations is indeed a futile exercise.
 ;)

Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz