Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Silent Comedy Watch Party - YouTube Show

Offline metaldams

If you want to explore silent comedy, I highly suggest watching this channel.  I linked the latest episode, number 73, and am working my way back.  I just watched episode 59.  They show four reels worth of silent comedy shorts, and Ben Model does live piano accompaniment.  In between films, he and Steve Massa discuss the films and they really are very knowledgeable about this stuff.  Make me look like a novice.  I’m starting from current and working my way back because the first few episodes had some glare on the films.  They’ve fixed the technical difficulties since.  Anyway, I can’t recommend this series enough.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Allen Champion

I've been an avid viewer since the beginning.   Steve Massa is a living encyclopedia of silent comedy.   
"What do you know of the blood, sweat and toil of a theatrical production? Of the dedication of the men and the women in the noblest profession of them all?"

Offline metaldams

I've been an avid viewer since the beginning.   Steve Massa is a living encyclopedia of silent comedy.

Yeah, he really is.  Knows all the studios, the bankers the retired starlets married and who owned the dogs on screen.  I’m really learning a lot of other comedians watching this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I really appreciate the work these silent comedy experts have given us. I’ve spoken to some of them and really like the knowledge they bring. Silent and early sound film comedy has been the thing I picked up during this pandemic.