Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What are you watching on TV or the internet?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I thought this might be a fun topic--right now I'm watching a slugfest between the Astros & Giants...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Cool idea.

Just watched AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS (1973) for the first time on Shudder.  Watching a ton of 1938 - 1940 Curly shorts this weekend in addition to TIME OUT FOR RHYTHM (obviously).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I’m currently watching through the original Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts and South Park.

Offline metaldams

I’m currently watching through the original Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts and South Park.

When you say “watching through,” do you literally mean all?  I think there’s over 1,000 if I’m not mistaken.  What’s your source?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

When you say “watching through,” do you literally mean all?  I think there’s over 1,000 if I’m not mistaken.  What’s your source?
I’m watching through the original run of 1930-1969 (which is exactly 1000).

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Olympic volleyball: USA vs. Canada...   :)
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Umbrella Sam

From start to finish? I cannot imagine being able to constantly watch Harman-Ising shorts back-to-back-to-back. On the other hand, watching mid-1940s to early 1950s...that will be fantastic!

I’m curious HomokHarcos, do you have a particular director you favor? I’m actually quite of fond of late 40s/early 50s McKimson. I feel he really did well with keeping the “Looney” in both Bugs and Daffy during that period.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

From start to finish? I cannot imagine being able to constantly watch Harman-Ising shorts back-to-back-to-back. On the other hand, watching mid-1940s to early 1950s...that will be fantastic!

I’m curious HomokHarcos, do you have a particular director you favor? I’m actually quite of fond of late 40s/early 50s McKimson. I feel he really did well with keeping the “Looney” in both Bugs and Daffy during that period.

Yes, I’m still in the Harman-Ising period (1932). At that rate I’m going it might take a year to finish. Yosemite Sam is my favorite character, so I kind of favored Friz Freleng because of that. I look forward to watching the Clampett cartoons because those almost never aired here.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Yes, I’m still in the Harman-Ising period (1932). At that rate I’m going it might take a year to finish. Yosemite Sam is my favorite character, so I kind of favored Friz Freleng because of that. I look forward to watching the Clampett cartoons because those almost never aired here.

1940s Clampett is especially good (I actually prefer his Tweety cartoons over the Freleng ones, as Tweety actually does something in those cartoons as opposed to just relying on Granny and that dog in the later cartoons). I love Yosemite Sam too, so I can definitely see the preference for Freleng there.

As for me, I’ve actually started watching Gumby from the beginning. I’d actually never seen this show before, but I’m really enjoying just how fluid the stop motion is. There’s something just so cool about seeing this character move, even if the personalities are not nearly as fleshed out as something like the Looney Tunes.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Watching--or rather listening--to Led Zeppelin - The Powhatan Confederacy on Youtube...

Offline metaldams

Just watched THE BEAST MUST DIE (1974).  Basically watching whatever Amicus Studio (a Hammer competitor) horror films are available for streaming.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Just puttering around on Youtube getting ready for my favorite wrestling ritual for the last several months--watching AEW which has a weekly Monday show that's on at 7pm.

Btw--just to drop their name--I haven't watched WWE in months & I know I'm not missing anything, like a lot of fans who stopped watching the sinking ship years ago...   ;)

Offline HomokHarcos

Just puttering around on Youtube getting ready for my favorite wrestling ritual for the last several months--watching AEW which has a weekly Monday show that's on at 7pm.

Btw--just to drop their name--I haven't watched WWE in months & I know I'm not missing anything, like a lot of fans who stopped watching the sinking ship years ago...   ;)

WWE has way too much content nowadays that I don’t even try to keep up. 3 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and 2 hours on Friday. Not to mention the PPVs that are now 4-5 hours along. It’s unfortunate because I like to watch pro wrestling but that is too much to follow. I’ve been considering getting into AEW or a Japanese promotion instead.

Offline metaldams

My wrestling intake is small doses from when I was a kid, like this, which I remember watching when it actually happened.  Could care less about the current product.

Watched DRACULA last night and am enjoying my Shudder subscription, having just watched Dario Argento’s PHENOMENA (1985) for the first time.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

My wrestling intake is small doses from when I was a kid, like this, which I remember watching when it actually happened.  Could care less about the current product.

Watched DRACULA last night and am enjoying my Shudder subscription, having just watched Dario Argento’s PHENOMENA (1985) for the first time.

I watched some of the 80s wrestling last year and at one point Mr. Fuji betrayed Demolition to join The Powers of Pain. It was completely random and surprising. It's also strange that they had two Road Warrior-like gimmicks at the same time.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I only call this good timing because Haku (or Meng if I call him by his WCW handle) was on AEW Dynamite last week. I always thought that Meng and the Barbarian should have been the tag champs at least once during their WCW tenure...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

One of my weaknesses--watching Mexican weather girls on Youtube...   :P

Offline metaldams

Tons of Charley Chase shorts and commentaries, both silent and talkie.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

The stuff I'm watching hardly needs a mention. The last stuff I really enjoyed was the Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Dexter, which I hear is coming back

I could sure use a binge worthy suggestion!   :-* (I have Netflix and HBO)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I've been binge watching Blue Bloods along with Chicago PD. I don't know how you feel about "cop shows," but those are 2 of the best on right now....

Offline Moose Malloy

I've been binge watching Blue Bloods along with Chicago PD. I don't know how you feel about "cop shows," but those are 2 of the best on right now....
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm pretty much done with broadcast TV (spoiled by the better writing/actors on the streamers)  :-\

Offline Shemp_Diesel

AEW Rampage

Offline HomokHarcos

I’ve started The Simpsons on Disney Plus. I’m aiming for the massive task of watching every episode.