Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Bizarre Three Stooges Video Game

Offline metaldams

Will watch this tonight, but a new Hats Off Entertainment video.  I had this game as a kid when it was new.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
That was pretty interesting, as I had never seen that Stooges video game before.  I think it's funny that the basic plot of the game is the same as the one used for that Farrelly Brothers' 2012 film.

The best Three Stooges game I've ever played was an early PC game called "Stooge Invaders" - basically Space Invaders but with the Stooges heads dropping and the appropriate sound effects when you took them out.  It was a very amusing time waster, but it got shut down by the lawyers back in the 90s.  Unfortunately, I misplaced my backup copy of it many years ago and I can't even find a reference to it online anymore.

Also back in the 90s, we had a DOS or Win 3.1 Monopoly game (it installed from a 5-1/4 floppy!), and the sound effects used in the game were all clearly named WAV files, so my brother replaced most of them with Stooges sounds.  The racing car, for example, originally made a engine racing sound as the piece moved on the board, but afterwards it was the sound of Larry going "ba-ba-ba-boo, ba-ba-ba-boo!" over the microphone in Dizzy Doctors.  The game play was simplistic (it was fairly easy to con the AI players into giving you their stuff), but it was funny as hell with the sound effects.  Unfortunately, the only copy was on a computer that crashed and we never got around to re-doing it before we stopped buying computers with 5-1/4 floppy drives.  lol

Offline metaldams

That was pretty interesting, as I had never seen that Stooges video game before.  I think it's funny that the basic plot of the game is the same as the one used for that Farrelly Brothers' 2012 film.

The best Three Stooges game I've ever played was an early PC game called "Stooge Invaders" - basically Space Invaders but with the Stooges heads dropping and the appropriate sound effects when you took them out.  It was a very amusing time waster, but it got shut down by the lawyers back in the 90s.  Unfortunately, I misplaced my backup copy of it many years ago and I can't even find a reference to it online anymore.

Also back in the 90s, we had a DOS or Win 3.1 Monopoly game (it installed from a 5-1/4 floppy!), and the sound effects used in the game were all clearly named WAV files, so my brother replaced most of them with Stooges sounds.  The racing car, for example, originally made a engine racing sound as the piece moved on the board, but afterwards it was the sound of Larry going "ba-ba-ba-boo, ba-ba-ba-boo!" over the microphone in Dizzy Doctors.  The game play was simplistic (it was fairly easy to con the AI players into giving you their stuff), but it was funny as hell with the sound effects.  Unfortunately, the only copy was on a computer that crashed and we never got around to re-doing it before we stopped buying computers with 5-1/4 floppy drives.  lol

I don’t remember Stooge Invaders, but definitely Space Invaders.  A Stooge version sounds interesting.

As far as the game in the video, I had the NES version as a kid.  I never bothered trying to actually master the game, just playing the pie fight over and over.  I remember learning from the trivia that Curly’s name was Jerome and I never forgot that.
- Doug Sarnecky