Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Did Moe ever punish Larry in the episode "Monkey Businessmen"?

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

I don't ever recall a scene where Moe hits Larry in "Monkey Businessmen" which was strange because that was during the era when Curly was ill.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I don't ever recall a scene where Moe hits Larry in "Monkey Businessmen" which was strange because that was during the era when Curly was ill.

No, I don't believe so.  Oddly, even though he is obviously ill, Curly gets almost all of the physical abuse in that one.  I just scanned through the short (watched it at 2x speed) and didn't see any spots where Moe hits Larry, although I suppose I could have missed one.

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

No, I don't believe so.  Oddly, even though he is obviously ill, Curly gets almost all of the physical abuse in that one.  I just scanned through the short (watched it at 2x speed) and didn't see any spots where Moe hits Larry, although I suppose I could have missed one.

I thought it was strange seeing Moe not hit Larry in this episode, Larry seems to be more compliant than usual in this short, I don't get why during this stage of Curly's career he is getting the brunt of Moe's physical abuse, you would think they would have Moe take it easy on Curly in this short, oddly on the next short they produced "Three Loan Wolves" Larry seems to be getting more of Moe's wrath than Curly.