The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Businesses

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was bored this past weekend and decided to implement an idea that my brother suggested many, many years ago - a page showcasing businesses featured in the Stooges shorts.  I've gotten pretty good at this sort of thing over the years, so I was able to knock out the database table and coding for the feature over the weekend, and I've added a couple dozen businesses in it so far, with a lot more to come.

You can view the page at:  Stooge Businesses -- ThreeStooges.net.  The link can be found in the site's menu under "More Stooges Info".

I've been utilizing the businesses indexed in The Official Three Stooges Encyclopedia by Robert Kurson, but I've already noticed that his lists of Stooge-owned and other businesses are not all inclusive, so please feel free to post suggestions of businesses for me to add.  At a minimum you should include the business or organisation name and the film(s) it appears in.

PLEASE NOTE:  I am focusing on businesses that have a storefront, or office door, or a business card or something displayed in a film so I can make a screen capture of it for the page.  (By all means, please feel encouraged to include such a screenshot with your suggestion!)  :) 

And don't, under any circumstances, suggest adding "Dewey, Cheatum and Howe" (or variants thereof).  That was never used in any of the Stooges films.  [pie]

Offline metaldams

I can’t begin to tell you how many times when the normals find out I’m a Stooge fan how, “Dewey, Cheatum and Howe,” get mentioned.    [3stooges]
- Doug Sarnecky