Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

NFL playoffs....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, the regular season is over & Wild Card weekend comes this Saturday. My somewhat bold predictions:

Bills

Seahawks

Tampa

Sunday:

Titans

Saints

Steelers

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline HomokHarcos

My picks
Steelers over Browns: Although it would be sad to see the Browns win the last game of the regular season only to lose their playoff rematch.

Colts over Bills: Because the Bills history is filled with heartbreak, so they'll probably lose this one despite being favorites.

Ravens over Titans: Baltimore disappointed this year, but I think they'll manage to get a win over Tennessee.

Seahawks over Rams: Seattle are a pretty good team, finishing third in this competitive conference.

Saints over Bears: The Bears had a very good start, then finished the season rather poorly. The Saints championship window is closing, and need this win.

Buccaneers over Football Team: By finishing second in their division, Tampa gets an easier matchup (great system), they should get the win over Washington who only made the playoffs because of a terrible division.

Offline Moose Malloy

My picks
Steelers over Browns: Although it would be sad to see the Browns win the last game of the regular season only to lose their playoff rematch.

Colts over Bills: Because the Bills history is filled with heartbreak, so they'll probably lose this one despite being favorites.

Ravens over Titans: Baltimore disappointed this year, but I think they'll manage to get a win over Tennessee.

Seahawks over Rams: Seattle are a pretty good team, finishing third in this competitive conference.

Saints over Bears: The Bears had a very good start, then finished the season rather poorly. The Saints championship window is closing, and need this win.

Buccaneers over Football Team: By finishing second in their division, Tampa gets an easier matchup (great system), they should get the win over Washington who only made the playoffs because of a terrible division.
Good picks, save one: Steelers and big Ben will fall to the Brownies  ;)
[/b]

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
14 years ago Washington was an underdog hosting Tampa in the wild card round, but they had Joe Gibbs coaching them then!

I must think before I dare predict...
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Moose Malloy

Welp, I gotta take back my prediction as now 7 Browns AND the coaach have been squadooshed for covid!  They will watch the game on the couch...like us  :-\

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I guess if there's a silver lining, is that it's only Tuesday, so the game should go on as scheduled Sunday Night. Tough break for Cleveland...  :-\

Btw, if there's going to be a huge upset special, I would love to see the Washington No-Names knock off Tom Brady & Company...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline HomokHarcos

Welp, I gotta take back my prediction as now 7 Browns AND the coaach have been squadooshed for covid!  They will watch the game on the couch...like us  :-\
Imagine making the playoffs for the first time in 18 years only for the whole team to get sick right before it starts.

Offline Moose Malloy

Imagine making the playoffs for the first time in 18 years only for the whole team to get sick right before it starts.
I know! I blame it on the front office for not impressing the players on the gravity of the thing. If  they were told YOU GET CONID AND YOU GET CUT this most likely would not have happened

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Covid or no covid, I didn't see that ass-whoopin' by Cleveland coming.   [cry]

Overall, not too much to complain about as far as quality of the games on Wild Card weekend. I think I'm pulling for a Green Bay/Kansas City Super Bowl....

Offline Moose Malloy

Covid or no covid, I didn't see that ass-whoopin' by Cleveland coming.   [cry]

Overall, not too much to complain about as far as quality of the games on Wild Card weekend. I think I'm pulling for a Green Bay/Kansas City Super Bowl....9+
Oh no! I gotta go with Bills/KC.  My heart went out to them in the 90's. Such a Great (regular season) team they were. And it would be cool to see Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Don Bebee et all on the sports shows all Superbowl week   ;)

Offline HomokHarcos

I expect a Packers-Chiefs Super Bowl. As strange it it is, the host team has never made the Super Bowl. So that rules out the Buccaneers.

Offline Moose Malloy

I expect a Packers-Chiefs Super Bowl. As strange it it is, the host team has never made the Super Bowl. So that rules out the Buccaneers.

Buccaneers schmuccaneers! I can't stand Brady with his cheating ways along with the rest of his old team

They WILL lose and hopefully he will be relegated to guest judge on Dancing with the stars along with Trump

Still rooting for the Bills to come through. The Cubs, White Sox,  Red Sox, Blues and Cavs broke through after DECADES of  fail and near misses and this could be their time

I will be betting the farm on 'em! (small farm)

Offline HomokHarcos

Three interceptions really cost the Sainnts.

Offline Moose Malloy

Three interceptions really cost the Sainnts.
Pretty clear that his arm/shoulder ain't right because he has a history of Brady beats  :(

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, I got so disgusted that I stopped watching the Bucs/Saints midway through the 3rd quarter. Hopefully Green Bay will soothe my pain this Sunday...

Offline Moose Malloy

Yeah, I got so disgusted that I stopped watching the Bucs/Saints midway through the 3rd quarter. Hopefully Green Bay will soothe my pain this Sunday...
gotta  give the Bucs D credit as those 3 int's by Brady didn't yield any TD's. Terrible call by GB on 4th and goal, down by 8 with a few minutes left they kicked a field goal instead of going for it...just insane white flag moment.

When they brought the FG unit on e field I said GREAT! A fake FG attempt here. But no  ???

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Tom Brady in the big game, again (oh boy).  ::)

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm still on the fence about whether or not to watch the Super Bowl. Something about the possibility of Brady with a shit-eating grin all over his face after getting ring #7, could make me ill....  :P

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I'm still on the fence about whether or not to watch the Super Bowl. Something about the possibility of Brady with a shit-eating grin all over his face after getting ring #7, could make me ill....  :P

Hopefully Brady just eats shit after facing Mahomes, and Patrick has the grin
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Moose Malloy

Hopefully Brady just eats shit after facing Mahomes, and Patrick has the grin

I guess Brady is about the least loved sports American sport super star of all time. He's right up there with Thorp, Dempsey,  Ruth, Jim Brown, Ali and Jordan. Perhaps a final Super Bowl win with this Tampa team will change that.

I got the Chiefs -6.5  ;)

EDIT Oh well...it don't sting as bad as having to look at Belecek after the win. Brady is the man, the true GOAT

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Eh, Chiefs won last year.  My old department head, an environmental engineer, says sports are fixed, and my current one, also an environmental engineer, hasn't been asked.  Perhaps someday I will ask just to see what he says.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Moose Malloy

The only sport where a game can be successfully fixed (in this age) is boxing or singles tennis.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
The only sport where a game can be successfully fixed (in this age) is boxing or singles tennis.

Don't get me started.  Look at what happened with Tim Donaghy.  This Sicilian boy knows of all the ways.
#1 fire kibitzer