Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Thoughts on the Maisie series (if any)?

Offline HomokHarcos

I've been considering buying the volumes for the comedy series Maisie starring Ann Sothern since I am a fan of her from her TV appearances, is anybody else familiar with the series? MGM released 10 of these movies.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I remember I saw a little bit of one Maisie film several years ago, but I was only able to catch it near the end, so I can’t really tell you if it was good or not. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with World War II. I did, however, listen to a couple episodes of the radio series and do remember that being kind of funny, so maybe the movies are good too.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

I remember I saw a little bit of one Maisie film several years ago, but I was only able to catch it near the end, so I can’t really tell you if it was good or not. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with World War II. I did, however, listen to a couple episodes of the radio series and do remember that being kind of funny, so maybe the movies are good too.
Thank you! I decided to buy the set. If I get around to watching them I might update this thread with my thoughts on the movies.