Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What shorts/scenes do the Stooges eat or serve something that is NOT food?

Shemp · 10 · 5713

Offline Shemp

I'll start:

How High is Up?:  Curly eats a rivet (which accidentally lands in his sausage sandwich when Larry throws it while feigning productivity). 

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Off the top of my head:

The boys dine on a wooden fish in EVEN AS IOU and COMMOTION ON THE OCEAN.

Curly eats lipstick in HALF-WITS HOLIDAY, as does Joe in PIES AND GUYS.

Borscht eats some gears (?) that have been substituted for salami slices in DUNKED IN THE DEEP.

Shemp swallows a diamond (although he coughs it back up) in CRIME ON THEIR HANDS/HOT ICE.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Shemp

My favorite is when a round oven mitt accidentally lands in a cake, which of course later gets served.  I think this happened in 2 - 3 shorts, but I can't remember which.  Does anyone know?  I remember in one of them , there was the following hilarious exchange:

Moe:  "What kind of cake is this?"
Lady:  "I think it's called Southern Comfort"
Moe:  "Tastes more like Southern Comforter!"

Offline metaldams

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
My favorite is when a round oven mitt accidentally lands in a cake, which of course later gets served.  I think this happened in 2 - 3 shorts, but I can't remember which.  Does anyone know?  I remember in one of them , there was the following hilarious exchange:

Moe:  "What kind of cake is this?"
Lady:  "I think it's called Southern Comfort"
Moe:  "Tastes more like Southern Comforter!"

Happens in UNCIVIL WARRIORS and THREE HAMS ON RYE.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Shemp

There is an episode where Curly is standing next to a guy who keeps hammering his fist on the table, while a seated Vernon Dent watches on. Thinking opportunistically, Curly then puts walnuts there for the guy to break with his fist.  Once all the walnut shells are broken, Curly throws the walnuts away and eats the shells instead.  [rotfl] I think he does some variation of this in a number of shorts. 

Offline metaldams

There is an episode where Curly is standing next to a guy who keeps hammering his fist on the table, while a seated Vernon Dent watches on. Thinking opportunistically, Curly then puts walnuts there for the guy to break with his fist.  Once all the walnut shells are broken, Curly throws the walnuts away and eats the shells instead.  [rotfl] I think he does some variation of this in a number of shorts.

Dizzy Detectives (1943)
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp

What's the short where Curly dresses the Turkey and his watch and ring end up in Symona Boniface's dish, which she delights in as a "wonderful idea"?  is that from Hoi Polloi?

Offline metaldams

What's the short where Curly dresses the Turkey and his watch and ring end up in Symona Boniface's dish, which she delights in as a "wonderful idea"?  is that from Hoi Polloi?

AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE (1941)

https://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,5241.0.html
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp

As you can tell, I don't have episodes memorized.  Here are some others that come to mind:

* Curly eats crab shells

* A real cake gets filled with natural gas because it deflated

* There seem to be a number of episodes where they  make some ridiculous drink concoctions, and I am thinking it did not always involve liquids that were meant to be imbibed.  Invariably the person that drinks it first acts normal, then goes through hell and back.

* Shemp pours glue on his pancakes and then says something like "the syrup is delicious but the pancakes are awful"

* Doesn't Moe dip a donut or something like that in glue and get his mouth glued shut?