Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

Offline metaldams

I’ve decided I’m going to use this thread to post what films I plan on reviewing about a month in advance to give you guys time to watch if you’re interested in a particular film.  Also, please feel free to respond with films or comedians you’d like to see me discuss.  I will provide YouTube links when available.

1/24 The Bank Dick (1940) - W.C. Fields

1/31 Africa Screams (1949) - Abbott and Costello

2/7 Hotel Anchovy (1934) - The Ritz Brothers

2/14 Safety Last! (1923) - Harold Lloyd

2/21 Road to Morocco (1942) - Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour

2/28 Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff (1949) - Abbott and Costello

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Got March figured out.  A pre code Lubitsch classic a bit different from what I normally review, a Three Stooges treat, a great Harry Langdon short, and the continuation of Abbott and Costello.  Links below of films if applicable.

3/6 Trouble in Paradise (1932) - Miriam Hopkins, Kay Francis, Herbert Marshall

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x246hmy

3/13 Soup to Nuts (1930) - Ted Healy and His Stooges

https://ok.ru/video/292377987726

3/20 Fiddlesticks (1927) - Harry Langdon (w/ Vernon Dent playing two roles)

3/27 Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion (1950)

Suggestions for future months welcome.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I admit I didn't do SOUP TO NUTS because I couldn't find a trustworthy video site to watch it because I haven't seen it since I was 11.  I look forward to SAFETY LAST and will try to watch it.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

4/3 A Hard Day’s Night (1964) - The Beatles *Link below is preview to rent or buy

4/10 Loose in London (1953) - The Bowery Boys (directed by Edward Bernds and written by Bernds and Elwood Ullman)

[/youtube]

4/17 The Circus (1928) - Charlie Chaplin

4/24 Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man (1951) - Abbott and Costello
[/quote]

https://archive.org/details/AbbottCostelloMeetTheInvisibleMan

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Safety Last review is up and the next two have been written and will be posted during their proper day.  If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know, whether it be comedians or films.  I’m curious as to what you all would like to see reviewed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know, whether it be comedians or films.  I’m curious as to what you all would like to see reviewed.

What about Larry Semon? Would be particularly interested in reading a metaldams review of his... erm... "unique" take on THE WIZARD OF OZ...
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

[3stooges]
What about Larry Semon? Would be particularly interested in reading a metaldams review of his... erm... "unique" take on THE WIZARD OF OZ...

Thanks GreenCanaries.  I was thinking about doing Larry Semon in May or one of these summer months and THE WIZARD OF OZ did come to mind.  I’ll now review that one in May.  I’ll also get to a few of his shorts at some point as well.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I’ve got May figured out.  Hope you guys find this list interesting,  I’m looking forward to it.

THE WIZARD OF OZ (1925) - Larry Semon with Oliver Hardy as The Tin Man (and what’s linked below is easily the best print and score) 5/1

ROCKIN’ IN THE ROCKIES (1945) - The Three Stooges 5/8

IT’S A GIFT (1934) - W.C. Fields 5/15

MIGHTY LIKE A MOOSE (1926) - Charley Chase 5/22

COMIN’ ROUND THE MOUNTAIN (1951) - Abbott and Costello - 5/29

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

If anybody has further suggestions, please let me know.  I think you guys have figured out I’m doing Abbott and Costello once a month until I’m done. I’m also switching in a monthly cycle between Chaplin, Fields, Lloyd and Langdon - the four I’m most interested in discussing.  I’m trying to get Stooge related stuff once a month as well. Those pre team Laurel and Hardy films I glanced over in that one thread are possibilities for proper reviews now. October will be horror comedies and I think I know the five I’m doing.

Any further suggestions from you guys?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline luke795

What about the ZaSu Pitts and Thelma Todd shorts and Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly shorts?

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
What about the ZaSu Pitts and Thelma Todd shorts and Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly shorts?

As far as Columbia shorts, check out this link here: https://columbiashortsdept.weebly.com/two-reel-comedies.html

Remember: less than half of what is listed as available on that site is actually on the internet for people to find.  But, for Columbia's shorts, I will be exploring many of those listed comedy teams in the next several months.

That doesn't answer your question, but I'm just providing options ofr everybody.  ;D
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

SHOW BUSINESS from Pitts and Todd is scheduled for either June or July.  I want to do an Our Gang short soon as well.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

As far as Columbia shorts, check out this link here: https://columbiashortsdept.weebly.com/two-reel-comedies.html

Remember: less than half of what is listed as available on that site is actually on the internet for people to find.  But, for Columbia's shorts, I will be exploring many of those listed comedy teams in the next several months.

That doesn't answer your question, but I'm just providing options ofr everybody.  ;D

Do you plan on doing any of the Charley Chase Columbia shorts at some point?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Got June figured out.  Figured I gotta get to Jerry Lewis sometime, will do one with him and Deano another time.  SHOW BUSINESS is the only Jules White directed Hal Roach short and as far as I know, is the original PAIN IN THE PULLMAN, so there’s your Stooge link for the month.

6/5 Show Business (1932) - Zasu Pitts and Thelma Todd

6/12 THE NUTTY PROFESSOR (1963) - Jerry Lewis

6/19 THE KID BROTHER (1927) - Harold Lloyd

6/26 JACK AND THE BEANSTALK (1952) - Abbott and Costello

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Do you plan on doing any of the Charley Chase Columbia shorts at some point?

We'll see.  His collection is on DVD, no?  If I am independent in the next couple months, it's an easy yes because I would buy the DVD.  At the moment, I am restricted to what YouTube has available.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

We'll see.  His collection is on DVD, no?  If I am independent in the next couple months, it's an easy yes because I would buy the DVD.  At the moment, I am restricted to what YouTube has available.

Correct, the Charley Chase shorts are all on DVD, which I have.  Whatever you do, looking forward to it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Correct, the Charley Chase shorts are all on DVD, which I have.  Whatever you do, looking forward to it.

Since you have planned through June, we'll take stock at beginning of that month and see what direction life is heading.  If it's still headed further south as I suspect, you will have to lead the Charley Chase Columbia discussion.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline luke795

Offline metaldams

Did anyone review the Three Stooges TV pilot Jerks of All Trades?

Not yet, and it’s funny the ones you’re asking about are coincidentally on my mind.  It was a toss up between that and SWING PARADE OF 1946 for July, but I’ll now do JERKS OF ALL TRADES for July and SPO1946 for (probably) August.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Since you have planned through June, we'll take stock at beginning of that month and see what direction life is heading.  If it's still headed further south as I suspect, you will have to lead the Charley Chase Columbia discussion.

Best of luck, hope things settle down sooner than later.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Got July figured out, may as well post what’s coming.  Keep the suggestions coming and please let me know what you think of my choices.

7/3 Choo-Choo! (1932) - Our Gang

7/10 Jerks of All Trades (1949) - The Three Stooges

7/17 Oranges and Lemons (1923) - Stan Laurel

7/24 Tramp, Tramp Tramp (1926) - Harry Langdon

7/31 Lost in Alaska (1952) - Abbott and Costello

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Got July figured out, may as well post what’s coming.  Keep the suggestions coming and please let me know what you think of my choices.

7/3 Choo-Choo! (1932) - Our Gang

7/10 Jerks of All Trades (1949) - The Three Stooges

7/17 Oranges and Lemons (1923) - Stan Laurel

7/24 Tramp, Tramp Tramp (1926) - Harry Langdon

7/31 Lost in Alaska (1952) - Abbott and Costello

Funny thing.  I was going to message you and suggest you do JERKS OF ALL TRADES.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Just an FYI, after this week, we are moving into Charley Chase's Columbia shorts, which is a 20-short series that may take us into October.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline HomokHarcos

I'd like to see reviews of Harry Langdon's feature films. In my opinion they rank up there with the three geniuses.