Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s, Volume 3 Blu-ray

Offline metaldams

I think people around my age are the last to have stuff like Popeye and Woody Woodpecker.  That stuff was on after school constantly for me - I think the Universal Walter Lantz stuff was shown in blocks as I also remember Chilly Willy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

I think people around my age are the last to have stuff like Popeye and Woody Woodpecker.  That stuff was on after school constantly for me - I think the Universal Walter Lantz stuff was shown in blocks as I also remember Chilly Willy.

Yeah, I really think networks screwed that up when I was a kid. Even Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, which were on Cartoon Network, were usually shown around noon/1:00, which meant I couldn’t see them unless I was home sick from school. Thankfully, VHS’s, DVDs and On Demand cable services made them easier to access.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Mark The Shark

In Chicago the Popeye cartoons were occasionally combined with the Three Stooges on WFLD-Channel 32. In fact, the very first cartoon I ever saw played on late night television (circa 1980) was a black and white Popeye cartoon used to fill out a half-hour Three Stooges show. At the time, I thought it was a hoot for a cartoon to be shown on late night TV.