Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Clark & McCullough Shorts!

Offline middlenamewayne

This fella Geno is concentrating on two-reelers of late it seems. Fifteen C&C shorts alone: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenoTheGiant/videos?disable_polymer=1
I just watched one with Bud Jamison as "Allen Fun" that's a serious hoot!

Offline metaldams

Thanks for the link, I’ll be watching some of these this weekend.  It’s been a while since I’ve watched their shorts.

This is the same channel that has Wheeler and Woolsey’s only Columbia film, SO THIS IS AFRICA.  A pre code comedy must.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GenoCuddy

This fella Geno is concentrating on two-reelers of late it seems. Fifteen C&C shorts alone: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenoTheGiant/videos?disable_polymer=1
I just watched one with Bud Jamison as "Allen Fun" that's a serious hoot!

"This fella Geno" is happy to hear you've been enjoying the shorts. ;)

Offline metaldams

...and thanks for posting SO THIS IS AFRICA.  That film is very difficult to see otherwise, I believe their only film not on DVD.

I’ll be reviewing a Clark and McCullough short very very soon.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GenoCuddy

...and thanks for posting SO THIS IS AFRICA.  That film is very difficult to see otherwise, I believe their only film not on DVD.

I’ll be reviewing a Clark and McCullough short very very soon.

You are quite welcome, I doubt, at this point, that Sony will do anything with this property. I'm still wanting them to release some of their Ken Maynard westerns [thusfar, only one Columbia Maynard has been released]. It is among my favorite Wheeler and Woolsey films along with Peach O'Reno, Hips Hips Hooray and Diplomaniacs. Ralph Celentano alerted me to something within the film that I did not detect initially, When Bob Woolsey is cracking the nuts off of the "African" girl's necklace at around 51:27, you can hear Woolsey say "Nice tits too," looking at her breasts. Definitely one of the best Pre-Code comedies.

As far as Clark & McCullough go, my favorite short of theirs is Odor in the Court, the courtroom finale echoes that of the aforementioned Peach O'Reno, but Bobby Clark's fast-paced delivery and movements are enough to make Groucho and Woolsey have trouble catching their breath. An insane, bonkers film that deserves attention.

Here is my guest appearance on Phil Hall's podcast, The Online Movie Show, discussing Clark & McCullough:
https://soundcloud.com/onlinemovieshow/clark-and-mccullough

Offline metaldams

You are quite welcome, I doubt, at this point, that Sony will do anything with this property. I'm still wanting them to release some of their Ken Maynard westerns [thusfar, only one Columbia Maynard has been released]. It is among my favorite Wheeler and Woolsey films along with Peach O'Reno, Hips Hips Hooray and Diplomaniacs. Ralph Celentano alerted me to something within the film that I did not detect initially, When Bob Woolsey is cracking the nuts off of the "African" girl's necklace at around 51:27, you can hear Woolsey say "Nice tits too," looking at her breasts. Definitely one of the best Pre-Code comedies.

As far as Clark & McCullough go, my favorite short of theirs is Odor in the Court, the courtroom finale echoes that of the aforementioned Peach O'Reno, but Bobby Clark's fast-paced delivery and movements are enough to make Groucho and Woolsey have trouble catching their breath. An insane, bonkers film that deserves attention.

Here is my guest appearance on Phil Hall's podcast, The Online Movie Show, discussing Clark & McCullough:
https://soundcloud.com/onlinemovieshow/clark-and-mccullough

I enjoyed the podcast very much and at the end you mentioned you were doing a Wheeler and Woolsey podcast.  Going to have to hunt that down now.  Speaking of The Cuckoos, which Clark and McCullough did on stage, I did review that film, linked below.  Bert and Bob are going to get more reviews too.

https://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,6586.0.html

...and you and I pretty much have the same favorite Wheeler and Woolsey films.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GenoCuddy

I enjoyed the podcast very much and at the end you mentioned you were doing a Wheeler and Woolsey podcast.  Going to have to hunt that down now.  Speaking of The Cuckoos, which Clark and McCullough did on stage, I did review that film, linked below.  Bert and Bob are going to get more reviews too.

https://moronika.com/forums/index.php/topic,6586.0.html

...and you and I pretty much have the same favorite Wheeler and Woolsey films.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the program, here is the Wheeler and Woolsey podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/onlinemovieshow/wheeler-and-woolsey

Offline metaldams

Glad to hear you enjoyed the program, here is the Wheeler and Woolsey podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/onlinemovieshow/wheeler-and-woolsey

Thanks, just checked it out.  Good stuff!  Your theories as to why they’re not known today are almost the same as mine in my review of THE CUCKOOS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

Thanks for uploading these Geno, I'm currently watching through them. So far my favorite is Kicking the Crown Around. As for Wheeler and Woolsey, I have bought their two RKO DVD sets and really want to watch them, unfortunately they are with my uncle in Michigan so I will probably have to wait a bit before I get around to watching their movies (I've already watched Rio Rita).

Offline GenoCuddy

Thanks, just checked it out.  Good stuff!  Your theories as to why they’re not known today are almost the same as mine in my review of THE CUCKOOS.

Thank you metaldams, I just read your writeup on The Cuckoos and enjoyed it greatly, it makes me want to revisit their work again.

BTW, I looked over your channel and am happy to see you are a fellow metalhead, my personal favorite band is Type O Negative, followed by Judas Priest.

Offline GenoCuddy

Thanks for uploading these Geno, I'm currently watching through them. So far my favorite is Kicking the Crown Around. As for Wheeler and Woolsey, I have bought their two RKO DVD sets and really want to watch them, unfortunately they are with my uncle in Michigan so I will probably have to wait a bit before I get around to watching their movies (I've already watched Rio Rita).

You are very welcome and thank you Homok for the kind words. I am glad that people are beginning to give Clark and McCullough the reappraisal they deserve.

Offline metaldams

Thank you metaldams, I just read your writeup on The Cuckoos and enjoyed it greatly, it makes me want to revisit their work again.

BTW, I looked over your channel and am happy to see you are a fellow metalhead, my personal favorite band is Type O Negative, followed by Judas Priest.

Glad you like my review, thanks.

I enjoy both bands.  Saw Type O at Ozzfest ‘97 and as for Priest, an all time favorite.  I owe Ian Hill royalties for all my bass covers online.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GenoCuddy

BTW, Homok, I don't know if you noticed this, but the opening of Kickin' The Crown Around utilizes footage from the Wheeler and Woolsey film Diplomaniacs, the scene during the Geneva Peace Conference where Edgar Kennedy knocks out a member of the summit.

Offline HomokHarcos

BTW, Homok, I don't know if you noticed this, but the opening of Kickin' The Crown Around utilizes footage from the Wheeler and Woolsey film Diplomaniacs, the scene during the Geneva Peace Conference where Edgar Kennedy knocks out a member of the summit.
I haven't watched the Diplomaniacs yet, so I didn't notice it. Since it was an RKO film, it's not too surprising.

Offline Freddie Sanborn

"This fella Geno" is happy to hear you've been enjoying the shorts. ;)

That fella Geno’s YouTube channel is an Aladdin’s Cave of rare sound shorts.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline metaldams

Yup.  I just watched the first seven or eight Clark and McCulloughs on his playlist yesterday.  I believe those are public domain as well, so I imagine they’ll stay up.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GenoCuddy

That fella Geno thanks you.

Offline HomokHarcos

I watched In the Devildog House this morning, and I thought the part in Bud Jameson's office was very funny.

Offline HomokHarcos

I watched In the Devildog House this morning, and I thought the part in Bud Jamison's office was very funny.