Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Web article on best Three Stooges films featuring Curly

Offline Marshall

Hello all,

Thanks for accepting me as a member of the site. What a lot of fun, and a great way to connect with so many other fans of The Thee Stooges.

If I'm breaking the site rules with this, please let me know. I recently was watching  the 2018 Time Life DVD set, The Best of The Three Stooges. I've purchased several Stooges DVD's over the years, but hadn't had a Stooges DVD set so extensive. The set gave me the idea to write a web article about ten of my favorite Three Stooges short films featuring Curly.  Here's the link to the web article:
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/List-of-the-ten-best-Three-Stooges-films-from-the-Curly-years

I've added a brief YouTube clip to go with each video. Here's the list:
1. "Punch Drunks", 1934 , 2. "Men In Black", 1934 , 3. “Three Little Pigskins”, 1934, 4. “Hoi Polloi”, 1935, 5. “Three Little Beers”, 1935, 6. “Grips, Grunts and Groans”, 1937, 7.“Violent Is The Word For Curly”, 1938, 8. “A Plumbing We Will Go”, 1940, 9. “An Ache In Every Stake”, 1941,10. "Micro-Phonies", 1945.

I realize I could have added so many more like  "Pop Goes the Easel", "Disorder in the Court", "Three Little Pirates", and so much more.

Let me know what you think of the article, and what you would have changed, added, subtracted, etc. to your top ten list of Stooges films featuring Curly.

Thanks,
Marshall

Offline Moose Malloy

Hey, Marshall! I'm going to follow your links and will get back to you later today.  ;)

Offline Moose Malloy

That was a pretty cool article, Marshall. You can't argue with that list. Even the failing Curly didn't bring down the funny in Micro-Phonies, probably the most cheaply made short on the list.

In 2002, “Punch Drunks” was honored by the U.S. Library of Congress as being a “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” film.   I'm not sure what "honored" means in library of congress terms, but it sounds impressive.

[3stooges]

Offline metaldams

My three favorites have always been A PLUMBING WE WILL GO, AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE and HOI POLLOI, all in your top ten. Nice article.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Marshall

Hey, Marshall! I'm going to follow your links and will get back to you later today.  ;)

Thanks Moose! I appreciate it.

Marshall

Offline Marshall

My three favorites have always been A PLUMBING WE WILL GO, AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE and HOI POLLOI, all in your top ten. Nice article.

Excellent, metaldams. Thanks for the kind words on the article. I'm glad your favorite Stooges films were in my list. I checked out your YouTube page, and really enjoyed it. You are one talented bass guitarist. I got a kick out of the two Beatles songs and the solo McCartney track, and have added likes to them (thumb's up).

Marshall

Offline Marshall

That was a pretty cool article, Marshall. You can't argue with that list. Even the failing Curly didn't bring down the funny in Micro-Phonies, probably the most cheaply made short on the list.

In 2002, “Punch Drunks” was honored by the U.S. Library of Congress as being a “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” film.   I'm not sure what "honored" means in library of congress terms, but it sounds impressive.

[3stooges]

Thanks again, Moose, for the kind words about the article and more. Curly definitely didn't bring down the funny in Micro-Phonies, even with his health difficulties.

Marshall

Offline metaldams

Excellent, metaldams. Thanks for the kind words on the article. I'm glad your favorite Stooges films were in my list. I checked out your YouTube page, and really enjoyed it. You are one talented bass guitarist. I got a kick out of the two Beatles songs and the solo McCartney track, and have added likes to them (thumb's up).

Marshall

Thanks for the thumbs ups, appreciated.
- Doug Sarnecky