The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"How do I stop getting SPAM from ThreeStooges.net?"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I occasionally receive e-mails and personal messages from members that ask me to stop sending them "spam" from ThreeStooges.net.  It comes up often enough that I thought that I should clarify our policy on e-mails, and explain what members can do about them.

First of all, we do not send out any "spam" from ThreeStooges.net.  If you do ever get any SPAM that claims to be from ThreeStooges.net, the address was "spoofed" and it did not come from us.

We do, however, send out forum announcements to members from time to time, about forum updates and site changes, and about new threads started in some of the boards, like Pilsner's Picks.  You may also receive notifications when replies are posted to threads that you have posted in, and you can also request notifications of new threads posted on the various boards by clicking on the Notify button.

Members can control whether they receive these notifications by logging into their Profile, and then clicking on the Notifications and Email link under Modify Profile, in the menu on the left.  You will see check boxes that let you choose whether to receive forum announcements, etc., and you can unsubscribe from any threads that you may be receiving notifications from.

Pilsner Panther

Something I should add here is that I do use the "Announce Topic" feature of this BBS software to let the members know about the latest Pilsner's Picks segment, but giving away music absolutely free isn't exactly a "spam" solicitation!

Pilsner's Picks is presented as an entertainment and educational feature that's a very relevant part of this site— from the beginning, my idea has been to present "Music From the Stooges Era," which, technically, can mean anything on records from the birth of Shemp to the death of Curly Joe. Many of these performers appeared live on the same vaudeville stages as Ted Healy and his Stooges, and later, Howard, Fine, and Howard.

What I've been trying to do is broaden Stooges fans' picture of the whole entertainment world of that time, and judging from the response, I think I've done a pretty good job.

If you don't like getting the announcements, you can always opt out in the way that Dunrobin described, but you'll be missing out on some very cool music!

8)

Offline curlyrocks

Hi,

I have a duplicate profile, but I forgot the username and password for it so I CANNOT DELETE IT...

My current profile is under curlyrocks and I wish to keep that one.

it has XXXXX@yahoo.com associated with it

My other profile is under XXXXX@juno.com and I wish TO DELETE IT

I however forgot the username and password....

Could you PLEASE DELETE it FOR ME?

Thanks!

curlyrocks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:47:45 AM by Dunrobin »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hi,

I have a duplicate profile, but I forgot the username and password for it so I CANNOT DELETE IT...

My current profile is under curlyrocks and I wish to keep that one.

it has XXXXX@yahoo.com associated with it

My other profile is under XXXXX@juno.com and I wish TO DELETE IT

I however forgot the username and password....

Could you PLEASE DELETE it FOR ME?

Thanks!

curlyrocks

No problem, curlyrocks - it's deleted.

Suggestion, for anyone else who may have a similar problem:  contact one or more of the site admins (myself, Pilsner Panther or Shemps#1) either by email or - preferably - a private message on the site.  Posting your email addresses in plain sight on the boards is just begging for your email to get flooded with SPAM.   :-\

Offline curlyrocks

Hey Thanks!

Im sorry Bout posting my emails that way, I am a webmaster and I should know BETTER than that!

Thanks for deleting the duplicate profile and I would've emailed you but I don't know where your email addy is.

Thanks again!

curlyrocks

"I'm a victim of circumstance....Nyuk Nyuk nyuk!!"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hey Thanks!
... I would've emailed you but I don't know where your email addy is.  ...

No problem - all part of our super soivace!   ;D

I forgot that I turned off the display of my email (otherwise you'd see a small envelope icon   below my avatar.)  You can always send me a Private Message, though, by clicking on the little IM icon below the avatar.  It will look either like this: if I'm on the site, or like this: if I'm offline.

Private messages are best, anyway, as there is always a chance of your message getting flushed as junk mail if you just email me.  (I get so much SPAM that I had to set-up some strict filters to keep it down to a minimum.)

Offline curlyrocks

hey thanks!

"Kanna Hanna Punna" from Men In Black when Moe was mixing the medication that they ended up drinking

Offline ninihome

Link Removed S#1

I was very pleased to find this site cause in my language, there are not much good source like this. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.  
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:25:53 AM by shemps#1 »