Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 141870

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Cool rhythm section stuff.  I always want to pick up my bass when I watch Geddy.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Falsetto singing theatrical horror metal is admittedly a taste not everyone has, but I love King Diamond.  This is from his SONGS FOR THE DEAD DVD and I post this for one reason, I was in the audience.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Going to see Rocketman tomorrow, so I figure now is as good a time as any to share what I consider to be another underrated Elton John song. This is “Billy Bones and the White Bird” from Rock of the Westies. A different sound for Elton (this was shortly after he dropped Nigel Olsson and Dee Murray from the band), but one that’s still effective anyway. Love the heavy reliance on guitar, Roger Pope’s pounding drums to the Bo Biddley beat, and Elton and Kiki Dee harmonizing extremely well on the “check it out!” parts.

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Going to see Rocketman tomorrow, so I figure now is as good a time as any to share what I consider to be another underrated Elton John song. This is “Billy Bones and the White Bird” from Rock of the Westies. A different sound for Elton (this was shortly after he dropped Nigel Olsson and Dee Murray from the band), but one that’s still effective anyway. Love the heavy reliance on guitar, Roger Pope’s pounding drums to the Bo Biddley beat, and Elton and Kiki Dee harmonizing extremely well on the “check it out!” parts.

I saw ROCKETMAN.  I’m no Elton expert so I won’t catch historical inaccuracies the way a bigger fan like you may, but I enjoyed the film overall because it was an interesting story.  My only complaint is the sex and drugs outweighed the rock n roll.  While some of the music creation was mentioned, mostly the partnership with Bernie Taupin, it didn’t quite have the balance BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY did.  Still, I enjoyed the film overall.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Just saw it today. Overall, I really liked it. As should be expected with any biopic, there were inaccuracies, but it did hit the key points correctly (the suicide attempt before the Dodger Stadium show, for example, actually did happen).

I do agree that there could have been a little more focus on the rock and roll aspect (my main complaint was how they tossed aside his band as nothing more than a last minute arrangement). BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY did do this better, though as I understand it did shy away from some of the more dark aspects of Mercury’s life (I’m not as big of a Queen fan so I’m not quite as sure as to the accuracy of that).
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

My 11 year old nephew is visiting for the summer.  Here’s one of the scene nags he sings.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Not quite as epic as “I Poop” but it will do.  [pie]

I haven’t listened to THE LAST IN LINE album in a while.  Good reminder I’m overdue.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Seems like the keys or overall vibe of that song is the same as Rainbow in the Dark, or maybe I'm hearing shit; like AC/DC makes the same album 28 times...

>:D

Offline metaldams

Seems like the keys or overall vibe of that song is the same as Rainbow in the Dark, or maybe I'm hearing shit; like AC/DC makes the same album 28 times...

>:D

No, you’re 100% correct.  “Mystery” is absolutely another stab at “Rainbow in the Dark.”  Dio is not as repetitive as AC/DC later became, but not one to shy from repeating.  I also think “Man on the Silver Mountain” is Blackmore’s stab at writing another “Smoke On the Water.”  Both have big opening riffs, the rhythm section kicks in at the same time, and the verses have a similar arrangement.

Ironically, mid 80’s AC/DC drummer Simon Wright later on joined Dio.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
One of my favorites:

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

A young, vulgar, and pissed off Metallica with my avatar, the late, great Cliff Burton on bass.

....and if you survived the above video, you can graduate to Slayer and Exodus.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Was just watching Scott Weiland’s last interview - a day or two before he died, the other day.  How tragic. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Rob Halford’s singing is beautiful in this song, a cover of Joan Baez’s “Diamonds and Rust.”  Much mellower than my last batch of videos. From the ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION tour, a tour I saw, if not the exact same show as this video.

Throw in some acoustic Jethro Tull as well.  Another band I’m very fond of.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

We have a video by a band named “The Butthole Surfers” followed by a song called “Got You By The Balls.”  Love it.

To keep things classy, here’s a real ugly bastard who look like me a few days ago playing to song called, “A Lesson in Violence.”  The Shakespearean Sonnet, “I love to stab my victims ‘til they’re dead.  A knife to the throat, a smashing blow to the head,” can be found here.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Metal, just out of curiosity, is that a Fender Jazz or Schecter bass you use?

Offline metaldams

Metal, just out of curiosity, is that a Fender Jazz or Schecter bass you use?

Neither. It’s a Yamaha.
- Doug Sarnecky