Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

can you help with a CD of The Three Stooges music from 1959-1962?

Hello, I am working with a European label for them to issue a CD of the Three Stooges music recordings (1959-1961), including their complete Golden Records recordings and excerpts of the "Snow White and The Three Stooges" soundtrack.

They will NOT include any of the 1959 Coral album, as that has already been on an easily-available CD from MCA.

They seem interested, and we would like to include some rare things for collectors.

Can you provide us with a clean dub (MP3 file and / or .WAV file) of any of the following:

1. both sides of the Colpix 45 rpm "Have Rocket Will Travel"
2. the two songs which The Stooges performed on the 1960 Frances Langford TV special
3. the "Happy Birthday" song which The Stooges made in 1961

Or someone else unusual?  It has to be Moe, Larry, and Joe DeRita and, in order to comply with European copyright regulations, nothing more recent than 1962.

Thank you for any help that you can give us! 

I think that you'll be pleased once the CD is released!

ThumpTheShoes

This sounds totally legit!

I can provide raw audio and clean vinyl rips, but the cost is $45,000 USD to cover legal, royalties, sync rights and streaming. Plus a flat 17% take on sales worldwide. Cheap as free!

:laugh:

Kidding aside, legal fees and clearances would far exceed what you might presume to make (without even seeing a financial prospectus) in profit from such a dubious venture.

The Stooges remain under various copyrights and trademarks. There is no magic all-inclusive license. Not to mention, most of what you want is on YouTube already and, quite frankly, hasn't set the world on fire.

Have a pie, instead!  [pie]

Hello,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

While I'm not a lawyer, I do know that the copyright laws in the European Union are different from the USA, and recorded material up through 1962 is available for reproduction (i.e., it's not under copyright there).

Of course a lot of things are on YouTube, including lots of Stooges shorts, et al.  But what we are intending to make is a compact disc, a tangible product to hold in one's hand, and to do it with respect to The Stooges and their fans, including high standards in the package (liner notes, images, research).

So I will continue to hope for sincere and serious replies to my request for assistance.