Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ric Flair - golden spoon

Offline metaldams

I grew up with this stuff, being 8 years old and yeah, I watched NWA as well as WWF back then. Just watched this Flair promo and had a smile from grin to grin, too good not to share.  Somebody in the comment section states his blood is liquid cocaine....how appropos. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Ric Flair promos--I'm not sure you can pick a favorite. Every time the man stepped to a microphone, it was classic. I really love the fans in the old NWA studio (That's right Ric)....

[cool]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Marshall

Thanks for the "Nature Boy" and "AA" video promos. Ric will be on this Monday's edition of Raw, as it'll be a reunion oriented show. WWE is
advertising Austin, Hogan, Flair, Foley, Nash, Hall,  DiBiase, Jimmy Hart, Angle, and more for the show.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Had to bump this thread after watching this today--the best WCW had going for it in 1999: President Ric Flair...   [cool]

Offline metaldams

Great footage, Diesel!  They don’t make them like Flair anymore.

Here’s a match I was at.

Not on YouTube, but I found it on Dailymotion.  Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart, 11/13/1991.  New Haven, CT. New Haven Coliseum.  Intercontinental Title Match.  Possibly the first time they wrestled as I believe Flair joined WWF in September 1991.  An almost 13 year old me was in the 7th row!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32ck7x

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Toast5884

There'll never be another one like Ric just as there'll never be another group like the original Horsemen run from '86 to '88. There's always a part of me that wishes Ric went with Arn and Tully to WWF in late 1988 but I can't imagine a world without the Flair/Steamboat trilogy from '89. Probably the best matches I've ever seen. Was lucky enough  And without Flair, it's debatable if Turner would've even bought JCP.

Offline metaldams

There'll never be another one like Ric just as there'll never be another group like the original Horsemen run from '86 to '88. There's always a part of me that wishes Ric went with Arn and Tully to WWF in late 1988 but I can't imagine a world without the Flair/Steamboat trilogy from '89. Probably the best matches I've ever seen. Was lucky enough  And without Flair, it's debatable if Turner would've even bought JCP.

I was 10 years old when The Flair/Steamboat Trilogy happened and I definitely watched those matches and have them on DVD today....I need to rewatch them.  I remembered being so disappointed I couldn’t watch Wrestlemania V but Clash VI more than made up for it after seeing the two out of three falls match.  Then there were the Terry Funk matches later that year.  ‘89 Flair was amazing to watch.

As far as Flair not joining the WWF when Arn and Tully did, probably good.  With Savage, Hogan and Warrior, I can’t imagine Flair always getting the top billing he deserved at the time.  NWA needed him more.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Toast5884

Both cards are solid but you were probably better off with Clash VI. Despite the depth of the talent roster, WrestleMania V (and VI for that matter) suffer from being too long. There's fourteen matches on the card for WM V and I'm honestly surprised the crowd wasn't worn out by the time Hogan/Savage happened.

Offline Shemp_Diesel