Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

ThreeStooges.net joins the 21st Century!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
After years of putting it off, I've finally updated ThreeStooges.net's templates to be more mobile-friendly.  The design, adapted from the "Editorial" template created by HTML5 UP, automatically re-arranges the pages depending on the device you are using, whether it's a desktop, a tablet or your smartphone.

I'm a couple days past my self-imposed deadline of April Fools Day, but better late than never.  It took me a bit longer to get pages looking the way I wanted them to appear on different devices, and I'm sure I will be tweaking them for a while until I'm completely happy with all of them.  lol  Let me know if you run into anything that looks particularly odd on your device.

Offline metaldams

Nice!  Like the look of the new layout and I dig the sidebar menu very much.  Way easier to navigate on an iPad than the old website.  If I run into any issues with further navigating I'll let you know, but so far, so good.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Nice!  Like the look of the new layout and I dig the sidebar menu very much.  Way easier to navigate on an iPad than the old website.  If I run into any issues with further navigating I'll let you know, but so far, so good.

Cool!  I'm glad it looks good on the iPad.  I have a Kindle Fire and a Motorola smartphone, so I was able to test the site on those, but for everything else I had to rely on Screenfly to see what it looked like.

Definitely let me know if you run into any broken or missing links, or if anything displays "odd."  I didn't create the template and it didn't come with any instructions (just some examples), so I had to experiment with the CSS classes to see what would work.  The image classes have been the most interesting; the first time I tried using them the pictures usually got stretched or enlarged, making them very pixelated.*  (Freaked poor BeAStooge out when he first saw it.  lol)

* Every time I use that word I think of those two old ladies from the original "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town" with Gary Cooper.  My mother's whole family tended to be pixilated:)

Offline falsealarms

Big upgrade all around! Everything looks better on both a desktop and especially a mobile device.