The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

ThreeStooges.net Updates

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hey Everyone! First of all, I've created a new Tumblr blog for ThreeStooges.net! I'm lining up it to share two posts every day. If you are a Tumblr user yourself, feel free to share Stooges-related posts.

http://threestoogesnet.tumblr.com

Second, I am back to work on ThreeStooges.net after several years hiatus. I am adapting the site to use a new HTML5 template, which will make the site much more functional on mobile devices like tablets and smartphones, and which will also lead to a mobile app in the near future.

I'm still cleaning up pages and getting things ready - which includes tweaking the template when I realize something doesn't work the way I expected it - but I hope to switch over the site on Sunday, April 1st.  April Fool's Day seems like the perfect day to launch a new version of the site.  lol

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I'm attaching an updated screenshot of the new home page, as it looks today. The big one is from my laptop browser and the small one is from my phone. I've been tweaking it and the episode page so far today and seem to have found the combination I was looking for.   ;)

Offline metaldams

Cool too see you working on new stuff with the site, Rob.  I dig the tumblr blog.  That one pick you posted of a late in life Curly with wife and daughter...if you whitened Curly's hair, he'd look just like my grandfather, who coincidentally passed away 25 years ago yesterday.  It's a crazy resemblance.  I don't presently have a tumblr account, but I'll add the blog as a favorite and keep checking back.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Dunrobin, is membership to Moronika tied into membership to threestooges.net? I just tried logging into threestooges.net today and wasn’t able to do so.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Cool too see you working on new stuff with the site, Rob.  I dig the tumblr blog.  That one pick you posted of a late in life Curly with wife and daughter...if you whitened Curly's hair, he'd look just like my grandfather, who coincidentally passed away 25 years ago yesterday.  It's a crazy resemblance.  I don't presently have a tumblr account, but I'll add the blog as a favorite and keep checking back.

Hi Doug!  Thanks!  I just happened to stumble across that post when I set up the Tumblr blog.

The site has needed a face lift for quite a while, but I had a hard time finding a template that would be mobile-friendly and suitable for the Filmography.  Now that I finally found one, it's been fun getting every working just right.  I haven't had to make too many coding changes; it's mostly just a matter of matter changes to the "view" files that display the data, although that means testing everything on multiple devices to make sure it's going to look okay.  I'm making a lot of progress, though, and still hope to make it by April Fools Day.  lol

BTW - I set up Tumblr to automatically post to Facebook and Twitter as well.  :)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Dunrobin, is membership to Moronika tied into membership to threestooges.net? I just tried logging into threestooges.net today and wasn’t able to do so.

Not yet.  I had hoped to be able to add a function here on Moronika.com that would let you automatically create an account on ThreeStooges.net, but that turned out to be more difficult than I expected with our existing server configurations.

However, we are looking at transferring our server business to a different hosting company.  There is a chance that I may be able to tie the forum back into the main site again in the not too distant future, or at the very least be able to implement that function I mentioned.

I will try to do a manual bulk update to the users table on threestooges.net this weekend and import anyone who's joined the forum since the last time I did that.  I'll post an update here when I do that.  ;)