Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What was the first stooge film you've ever seen?

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

The first stooge film I've ever seen was "Three Pests In A Mess" (1945) on WTBS's "Three Stooges Fright Night" special that came on around Halloween 1992, I remember laughing my butt off at the Stooges antics, other shorts I remember seeing that night are "Dopey Dicks" & "We Want Our Mummy"

Offline metaldams

Probably sometime in the mid 80's as a kid, couldn't tell you the first short.  Watched them whenever they were on TV with my Dad as a kid, but I saw tons of shorts.  The first, though?  The first moment eludes me.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

The first Stooges production I ever watched was some episodes of The New Three Stooges on a cartoon DVD I had as a kid. As for the first short I ever saw, I think it was probably DISORDER IN THE COURT, since I had one of those public domain DVDs.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline CurlyFan1934

It might have been either Punch Drunks, Men in Black, or A Plumbing We Will Go. Couldn't tell you specifics, but I know that it was one of those three and I obviously liked it or else I wouldn't be on this website.

Offline archiezappa

I have an early memory of watching "The Ghost Talks." I don't know if it's the first episode I saw, but it's the first one that I remember watching.

Offline Tony Bensley

My first Stooge experience in the early '70s was actually just catching a brief scene that consisted of a parent telling their son he could watch TV for another half hour, and the Stooges were either appearing on TV or else they were inside of it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I have seen the full film since, but for the life of me, I don't recall which one that scene is in!

The first full film that I saw around 1976 was HAVE ROCKET~WILL TRAVEL (1959), the first of the "Curly Joe" era features, although I wasn't aware of that at the time.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

My first Stooge experience in the early '70s was actually just catching a brief scene that consisted of a parent telling their son he could watch TV for another half hour, and the Stooges were either appearing on TV or else they were inside of it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I have seen the full film since, but for the life of me, I don't recall which one that scene is in!

The first full film that I saw around 1976 was HAVE ROCKET~WILL TRAVEL (1959), the first of the "Curly Joe" era features, although I wasn't aware of that at the time.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Oddly when I was a kid I used to think Curly and Curly Joe were the same person, it took me a little while to figure out that they weren't the same person.

I'm pretty sure it was Mutts To You,  I'm remembering the scene with the dog giving them directions, ending with the question-mark tail.  I also remember recognizing them at first sight from the Looney Tune Hollywood Steps Out, which I had, I guess, already seen.  I said to myself, Oh, Those Guys.  I can't swear to the accuracy of the recollections, since after all I'm talking about 1959.  And stay off my lawn, you punks.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Can't remember the exact one, from way back in time. I just oddly remember some of the "darker" ones like The Ghost Talks or if a Body. I remember getting reacquainted with the boys on the Family Channel repeats, and I still can't remember the first one. I just knew they were the GOAT of comedy....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline vomit

Wow.  I have no idea what my 1st episode was!  It would have been in the early 1970's.  They used to run them on WKBD 50 in Detroit.  My dad would get home from work and watch the Stooges with my brother and I.  I am a 3rd generation fan....my kids 4th generation fans.  For Xmas I bought my dad the complete Stooge collection on DVD.  He deserves it.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Squirrelbait

My first was Spook Louder. I saw it on a Columbia VHS tape that my Mom rented for me. Curly's being scared to death of the balloon that was following him had me reduced to tears. It was at that moment I became a fan for life!

[3stooges]
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
My first shorts were HOOFS AND GOOFS and SAPPY BULLFIGHTERS.  This was the late 90s/early 00s when AMC would show 5 or 6 Besser shorts, 10 Shemps, and 20 Curlys.  Even then I thought HOOFS was an awful short, though I loved the ether-in-the-milk gag.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline dukieboy

"Micro Phonies"  Fell in love with Christine right off the bat,
though I was only a little shrimp.

Offline stoogerascalfan62

My first exposure to the Stooges was the New 3 Stooges cartoon series in the mid-'60s. Can't recall the first live-action Stooge film I saw, though.

Offline Curly Van Dyke

My First was "Restless Knights".I was hope from school,sick and my Mom turned on the TV and said
"These guys will cheer you up" and 60 years later they're still cheering me up.
By the way,Geneva Mitchell was quite a beauty-Anyone have more info on her?