Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Most underrated Curly short(s)?

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

In your opinion what are the most underrated Stooge shorts featuring Curly Howard?

My vote for the most underrated Curly episodes are "Higher Than A Kite", "No Census, No Feeling", "Rockin' Thru The Rockies" and "Three Little Twirps".

Offline Umbrella Sam

Probably 3 DUMB CLUCKS. I always liked the premise and thought it could be really funny, yet on here a lot of people don’t seem to think of this short as I highly as I always have.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Probably 3 DUMB CLUCKS. I always liked the premise and thought it could be really funny, yet on here a lot of people don’t seem to think of this short as I highly as I always have.

It's been a really long time since I've seen "Three Dumb Clucks" but I don't remember it being one of the Stooges' best episodes, I'll have to watch that one again, I know I've had some episodes I initially wasn't fond of that I've started liking more after subsequent viewings.

"Edited"

I've just watched "Three Dumb Clucks" for the first time in approximately 15 years and I actually liked it better now than I did before, while I don't rank it a classic but I find it to be a very good short that gets an 8.5 out of 10.

Offline Tony Bensley

Most of the last dozen or so Curly shorts probably fall into this 'underrated' category.

For me, THREE LOAN WOLVES, G.I. WANNA HOME, and THREE LITTLE PIRATES (All from 1946) are three very enjoyable late Curly era Three Stooges shorts!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

Most of the last dozen or so Curly shorts probably fall into this 'underrated' category.

For me, THREE LOAN WOLVES, G.I. WANNA HOME, and THREE LITTLE PIRATES (All from 1946) are three very enjoyable late Curly era Three Stooges shorts!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

I've always liked "G.I. Wanna Home" and "Three Little Pirates" a lot and they're both definitely the best of the 1946 bunch, in "G.I. Wanna Home" I loved the way Curly yells when Moe bites him on the bed bunk scene. "Three Loan Wolves" was IMO a good episode but it was never really one of my favorites, even though Curly seemed to be at his lowest ebb other than "Half Wits Holiday" but Larry definitely made "Wolves" more fun to watch,

Offline dukieboy

"Grips, Grunts and Groans" - loved the character Bustoff.