Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Favorite Three Stooges Theme

Poll

What is your favorite of the regular Three Stooges themes?

Listen to the Mockingbird
2 (25%)
Three Blind Mice
6 (75%)
The New Three Stooges theme
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Offline Umbrella Sam

All right, Stooge fans, here’s another question I have for you: what is your favorite of the Three Stooges’ theme songs and why? For the purposes of this poll, I have included only the themes that were used on a regular basis: Listen to the Mockingbird, Three Blind Mice, and The New Three Stooges theme song. Also, I counted all the variations of Three Blind Mice as one vote in the poll, though you can specify which variant you prefer in a post.

Now with all that said, despite the fact that Three Blind Mice was used longer and is arguably more iconic to the Stooges, I actually am voting for Mockingbird, as I feel the arrangement is more fittingly silly for the Stooges (even though the actual theme of the song is apparently pretty sad). Still, Three Blind Mice is a pretty fun song as well and The New Three Stooges theme is tolerable.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline stoogerascalfan62

While I liked both TBM and LITM I voted for the former.

Offline Lefty

"Three Blind Mice," definitely -- and the sped-up version of 1942-1944 was the best.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I have never liked the New Three Stooges Theme, but that is just my tastebuds. However, there is a significant difference between Three Blind Mice and Listen to the Mockingbird. First of all, Three Blind Mice segues into a rowdy swing tune at the end, whereas Listen to the Mockingbird drifts into the "bum-bum-bah bum, be-dum" ending. However However ... anytime I hear either tune, my ears and eyes begin scanning to see the boys somewhere on a nearby TV. Either tune is okay, but I can at least know that the Three Blind Mice theme was Curly only, at least up until when they made it the trumpet heralded "Hello, Hello, Hello" tune for the Besser episodes.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Tony Bensley

I have never liked the New Three Stooges Theme, but that is just my tastebuds. However, there is a significant difference between Three Blind Mice and Listen to the Mockingbird. First of all, Three Blind Mice segues into a rowdy swing tune at the end, whereas Listen to the Mockingbird drifts into the "bum-bum-bah bum, be-dum" ending. However However ... anytime I hear either tune, my ears and eyes begin scanning to see the boys somewhere on a nearby TV. Either tune is okay, but I can at least know that the Three Blind Mice theme was Curly only, at least up until when they made it the trumpet heralded "Hello, Hello, Hello" tune for the Besser episodes.
I think you meant that Listen To The Mockingbird was the Curly only theme!  Variations of Three Blind Mice were used in all of The Three Stooges lineups for the Columbia shorts.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

My favorite Stooges theme is either "Listen To The Mockingbird" or the first version of "Three Blind Mice" used during the 1939-42 run, I always associate these themes as the best years of the Stooge shorts featuring Curly (who is my favorite of the Three Stooges).