Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

JFK and the Three Stooges

Offline Mark The Shark

Years ago I remember seeing a Stooge-related piece on an old Goodtimes VHS tape called "Blushing Bloopers." I laughed out loud the first time I saw this, but acknowledge that it may be considered in extremely bad taste. Essentially, someone intercut the Zapruder film of the JFK assassination with a clip from the Stooge short "Three Pests In A Mess" where the Stooges are wrestling with a rifle, the gun goes off, a stray bullet hits a mannequin and Moe yells, "you shot that guy!" "And killed him too," adds Larry. I could swear (or affirm) that I saw this on a DVD at some point, but I can't remember where. Can anyone confirm? Anyone even know what I'm talking about?

Offline 7stooges

Don't know about a DVD release, unless it's the one Amazon lists as a release from Passport, but the guy who had the idea for this edit posted it on YouTube.

Offline CurlyFan1934

Don't know about a DVD release, unless it's the one Amazon lists as a release from Passport, but the guy who had the idea for this edit posted it on YouTube.

Oh my gosh. That is a truly terrible video.

Offline archiezappa

Wow! That is truly awful! So, my question is: Why am I laughing so hard?

Offline Tony Bensley

Wow! That is truly awful! So, my question is: Why am I laughing so hard?
I believe this falls under the "If you have to explain why, then it's no longer funny" hypothesis.  Sometimes, we just laugh at tasteless things.

The "Chuckles Bites The Dust" episode from The Mary Tyler Moore Show as a variation of this springs to mind.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]