Maintenance on ThreeStooges.net this weekend

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hi Everyone!

I will be updating ThreeStooges.net on Saturday, August 5th, so that site will be closed for a while (probably starting by Noon.)  I will be upgrading the coding framework used on the site, and trying to tighten the web site's security to keep the blasted hacker's out.  I will post updates here as needed, if I should run into any problems.

- Dunrobin

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
The site's scripting framework was even older than I realized, so there have been a lot of steps that I've needed to take to make sure that I don't break anything.  (I don't want to repeat the past.  lol!)  Anyway, I doubt that anyone has even noticed anything on ThreeStooges.net so far, but this coming Saturday (August 19th) it will probably be "down" long enough for someone to notice as I will need to re-upload most of my scripts as well (there are file naming changes to the next major update.)

Once all of the updates to the framework are completed I will turn the login feature back on for everyone, so forum members will be able to rate episodes and post reviews over there again.

I post more updates as work progresses (i.e., it takes longer than expected or I screw something up, etc.  Don't worry, Brent - I'm backing everything up first.  lol)

Offline metaldams

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Thank you, Doug, for all you've done to keep this forum going over the years!   [cool]

I've put ThreeStooges.net into "Under Construction" mode, so nothing will be working over there right now.  I have to delete whole folders of scripts and upload the new ones, so the site will be down for a while, but with any luck it won't be too long.  [Crosses fingers]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, that took even less time than I had hoped, let alone what I expected.  lol  The only issue I ran into was with the login function, and I managed to find the fix for that pretty quickly, so the site is public again, and if you have an account you can log in again.

I don't have registration available right now on ThreeStooges.net.  I am working on tying in membership here on the forum to being able to login on ThreeStooges.net, but I haven't worked it all out yet.  I'll post an update when I have that figured out.  :)

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
As an amateur web developer in my own right, not only do I thank you for all you do for this site but I also thank you for your programming patience and zen.
#1 fire kibitzer