Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

R.I.P. Adam West

Offline Umbrella Sam

Adam West, probably best remembered for playing Batman on the 1960s television series, died last night at the age of 88 from leukemia. Stooge fans, of course, will remember him as Ken Cabot in the Stooges' final theatrical feature, THE OUTLAWS IS COMING. Although this tends to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred the more campy version of Batman to the darker version that is more familiar to audiences today, so this was especially upsetting for me to hear.

West was typecast for many years due to his association with Batman, although he later began to find a career in voice acting. Modern audiences will recognize him as Catman on The Fairly OddParents and a fictionalized version of himself on Family Guy. He even occasionally reprised his role as Batman, including in the video game Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and most recently in the direct-to-DVD movie Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, which also featured Burt Ward and Julie Newmar reprising their roles as Robin and Catwoman, respectively. He will be missed very much.  [cry]
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline garystooge

at the 2016 Three Stooges Convention

Offline Umbrella Sam

Thanks for posting that. It's cool to see that he still was involved in these kinds of things as late as last year.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline QuinceHead

Thanks for posting that. It's cool to see that he still was involved in these kinds of things as late as last year.

He was still making personal appearances as recently as late April of this year.

RIP to a true legend!  :-\

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka Quince Head

Offline Lefty

Although this tends to be an unpopular opinion, I actually preferred the more campy version of Batman to the darker version that is more familiar to audiences today, so this was especially upsetting for me to hear.

Likewise here, and I watch two episodes of the TV show on the complete-and-uncut DVD every week, unless the Flyers are playing day games on both Saturday and Sunday.  Now the only main characters left from that show are Burt Ward (Robin), Julie Newmar (the only legitimate Catwoman), John Astin (the poor substitute for the Riddler), Joan Collins (Siren), Glynis Johns (Lady Peasoup), and Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle).

R.I.P. Caped Crusader!

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
RIP Adam.  I enjoyed some of those old corny Batman episodes.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Adam will always be the definitive Batman, IMO.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It has been awhile since I've seen Batman, but I always enjoyed it. Batman, Robin, Bat-girl, and Lee Meriwether as Catwoman. RIP, Adam...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.