Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question Stooge Replacements

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This question is for the informed crowd here at 3S.net ...
I was on a search to find a YouTube copy of the "April Showers" song that Spike Jones made with Doodles Weaver ... and I ran across some "very" short subject (10 minutes or less) video titles of "A Day with Doodles Weaver" ...the one I watched was "Doodles Goes Surfing" ... I am not sure, because the way they filmed the tiny short was in the style of very old, bad degraded film quality film, BUT I think the other persons in the short are Mousie Garner and maybe others in the Replacement Stooges.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Sorry guys ... if I had waited until the end of the short short, I would have seen that all parts were played by Doodles (roll credits!). I guess I was too anxious to post my "find". Besides, after watching it again, it is clear that ONLY Doodles in is every shot (in one character or another), and that only once or twice do we see an extra pair of arms or a hand in the film. Maybe a better reply would be to credit Doodles' ability to make himself look like the Replacement Stooges.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Just in case anyone is curious ... Doodles Weaver is the hardware store employee in the movie "Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" ... he is also the uncle to Sigorney Weaver. (Ghostbusters - Alien)