Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Journal # 161 (Spring 2017)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Issue # 161 of The Three Stooges Journal is arriving in mailboxes.  In addition to more Stooge-related articles and news, several pages are dedicated to the memory of our friend Frank Reighter.

Offline JazzBill

I'm really sorry to hear that Frank has passed away.  I really liked him a lot. RIP
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Very interesting issue, as always.  Pardon my ignorance, but where is the Alex theater?  The article didn't say.  Somewhere in or around L A would be my guess.

Offline Kopfy2013

Offline stoogestats

I attended the Alex Theater event. Drove with a friend visiting from England a 20 hour drive from Canada.
We made many stops along the way, even visited with author Bill Cassara who wrote books on Vernon Dent and Ted Healy.
Went to the festival with author Steve Cox who wrote a book about Larry Fine called One Fine Stooge.
It was a fun event. Great to see Joan Howard Maurer at the same restaurant we were eating at, across the street before the show.
We had dinner with Saxon Sitka (son of Emil Sitka) and David Server (Curly's grandson).

It was my first time attending the Alex. In the past I attended one in Philadelphia and two in Detroit. I plan to attend another in Detroit this October if anyone lives close and wants to meet up.