Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Paul Pain's Stooge Short Tournament - Preliminary Round Final

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Here we go!  Pick your favorite short from each pair (or triplet)!  The ones with most votes advance to the Round of 128.  For your benefit, I have linked the discussion to each respective short from metaldams' reviews.   These are seeded in order by ThreeStooges.net ratings.  The winner of of Bracket 1 goes onto be seed 127 in the big board, and the winner of Bracket 2 goes on to be 128.  If we have enough fun with this, maybe we can push these brackets long enough to achieve an order of 1-190 by these methods?  [pie] [3stooges] ;) ::)

Edit: in case of a tie, both shorts advance, and there will be three shorts squaring off based on where the lower ranked short would have been.

=========================================Bracket 1===========================================================
137 A GEM OF A JAM vs. 141 CUCKOO ON A CHOO CHOO

=========================================Bracket 2===========================================================
128 UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE vs. 130 SOCK-A-BYE BABY
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Well, this is the easiest round for me yet!
=========================================Bracket 1===========================================================

=========================================Bracket 2===========================================================
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Well, this is the easiest round for me yet!

For my votes, the opposite of what he said, so now that we cancel each other out, let's start over again! [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

• Toastmaster General
  • Knothead
    • Talk About Cinema
Bracket 1
A GEM OF A JAM (I give CUCKOO ON A CHOO CHOO credit for being a unique short, but I find it to be very boring)

Bracket 2
UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE (this decision was tougher, but, overall, I prefer DAISY's premise, even though it's a remake, and think it's a little funnier)
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Chowderhead
An easy round for me too...

Cuckoo on a Choo Choo

Up in Daisy's Penthhouse - To me, one of the great Curly-to-Shemp remakes. I know that's not a popular opinion, but whatever...

[pie]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline luke795

• Chucklehead

Offline Lefty

• Birdbrain
137 A GEM OF A JAM

130 SOCK-A-BYE BABY

At least here, the decisions are easier than trying to figure out who to root for:  Yankees vs. Cardinals, Cowboys vs. Giants, Celtics vs. Lakers, Rangers vs. Islanders vs. Devils.

Offline Percy Pomeroy

• Beetlebrain
Bracket 1

141 CUCKOO ON A CHOO CHOO

Bracket 2

128 UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE (last second desperation shot that goes in)

Offline Squirrelbait

• Puddinhead
BRACKET I
Cuckoo On A Choo-Choo

BRACKET II
Sock-A-Bye Baby
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
We have a hung jury on Bracket 2.  Now what?  I really do not want to allow both to advance, but...
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Big Chief Apumtagribonitz

• Numbskull

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
To anybody reading this who hasn't voted...vote.

If that straightforward plea doesn't work, perhaps messaging Dunrobin or somebody with their final vote might be a thought.

...or you can simply advance both
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Percy Pomeroy

• Beetlebrain
I'll change my vote to Sock-A-Bye-Baby to break the tie. It was a coin toss between it and Daisy's Penthouse.

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
...or you can simply advance both

The simplest solution since either way #2 is going to win that matchup in a landslide.  The worst part is that I definitively had 11 votes... 6 for GEM OF A JAM and also 6 for UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE.  Some deleted their vote for some reason.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
And the results of the Preliminary Round Final are in!

137 A GEM OF A JAM 6 defeats 141 CUCKOO ON A CHOO CHOO 4

128 UP IN DAISY'S PENTHOUSE 5 and 130 SOCK-A-BYE BABY 5
#1 fire kibitzer