Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Are the 190 Stooges shorts coming to Blu-Ray anytime soon?

Offline HELLOLARRY

Yes, that is the question.

For example, according to a buddy of mine - MeTV ran Yes We Have No Bonanza and Disorder in the Court the other (1939 and 1936 respectively) but both shorts had end titles from the late 40s (with the mask in the background). I'm not sure who tinkered with these but it has to physically be done - somehow....and why exactly?

It isn't for time or content, it's just someone, somewhere tacking on the incorrect end credit on some of the films.

Watching them on TV isn't my primary source to view the films but if they ever make their way to blu-ray, I would hope none of these wind up on the collections.

Offline Mark The Shark

That set is junk with horrible, cardboard sleeve packaging. It also doesn't have the volume with the solo shorts.

The Ultimate Collection doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now.

Mine disappeared somehow -- I have no idea what happened to it -- so I kept checking eBay for a deal. A seller had one listed for something like $35, so I took the bait. It turned out to be a very well-done counterfeit set. I confirmed this by copying the discs in a high speed duplicator. They came out flawless. So I have been reluctant to gamble on another online set. I have picked up some of the individual volumes for $5.99 each at Half Price Books.

Offline Tony Bensley

Mine disappeared somehow -- I have no idea what happened to it -- so I kept checking eBay for a deal. A seller had one listed for something like $35, so I took the bait. It turned out to be a very well-done counterfeit set. I confirmed this by copying the discs in a high speed duplicator. They came out flawless. So I have been reluctant to gamble on another online set. I have picked up some of the individual volumes for $5.99 each at Half Price Books.
I'm so sorry about the disappearance of your Three Stooges DVD set, and ending up with a counterfeit version! :(

If you don't mind not having the 3 DVD Rarities set included, the stripped down 17 DVD set of The Three Stooges Collection of 190 shorts is currently priced at $34.99 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collection-1934-1959/dp/B01JZKX7P0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3TF92ZJVZN8MU&keywords=three+stooges+ultimate+collection&qid=1647898090&s=movies-tv&sprefix=three+stooges+ultimate+collection%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C98&sr=1-2

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

P.S. Here are a couple of nicely priced options for "The Three Stooges Rare Treasures From The Columbia Pictures Vault" 3 DVD set, though not from Amazon Direct:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=The+Three+Stooges%3A+Rare+Treasures+From+the+Columbia+Pictures+Vault&i=movies-tv-intl-ship&crid=O0BK381RPFXC&sprefix=the+three+stooges+rare+treasures+from+the+columbia+pictures+vault%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C295&ref=nb_sb_noss

Offline QuinceHead

I agree! Audio commentary would be lovely!

I like the idea, but who would they get, though? I thought the only surviving guest stars now are from the Besser Era, and they ain't exactly spring chickens by now...

Leonard Maltin, perhaps?

Offline Tony Bensley

I like the idea, but who would they get, though? I thought the only surviving guest stars now are from the Besser Era, and they ain't exactly spring chickens by now...

Leonard Maltin, perhaps?
Leonard Maltin and perhaps, Richard W Bann? Both are over 70, now!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline metaldams

I tend to find audio commentaries from people on the set, at least the ones I’ve heard, boring.  Usually people talking about how wonderful so and so was, what the catering was like, or something else banal.  I’m sure there are exceptions, but that’s just my opinion.  I like commentaries from big fans/historians.  As far as the Stooges go, he hasn’t posted here in a while and I have no idea if he would even be interested, but Brent Seguine is someone I’d love to hear a commentary from.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Tony Bensley

I tend to find audio commentaries from people on the set, at least the ones I’ve heard, boring.  Usually people talking about how wonderful so and so was, what the catering was like, or something else banal.  I’m sure there are exceptions, but that’s just my opinion.  I like commentaries from big fans/historians.  As far as the Stooges go, he hasn’t posted here in a while and I have no idea if he would even be interested, but Brent Seguine is someone I’d love to hear a commentary from.
It occurs to me that Richard Correll and Richard Bann might be ideal for "Goof On The Roof (1952)" commentary!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline metaldams

It occurs to me that Richard Correll and Richard Bann might be ideal for "Goof On The Roof (1952)" commentary!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Are they Stooges fans?  Serious question.  I know of the Laurel and Hardy connection.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Tony Bensley

Are they Stooges fans?  Serious question.  I know of the Laurel and Hardy connection.

Good question!

All I know is on the "Hog Wild (1930)" commentary, at one point Rich Correll speaks rather enthusiastically about its descendant "Goofs On A Roof." Yes, he did get the title slightly wrong! You might also know the name Correll, as Richard's father was Charles "Chick" Correll of Amos & Andy radio fame.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]