The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

19 "New" Episodes Added to the Filmography

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Recently, BeAStooge (a Team Stooge member), wrote to me and told me that he had a number of previously unlisted films and shorts that needed to be added to the Filmography.  I gave the Team Stooge members the ability to add listings, and today I happened to look at the database and realized that there are 19 new listings:

Way to go, BeAStooge!  [whoo]

Key to the Team codes:
THS Ted Healy and His StoogesSSH  Shemp Howard (Solo)SJD  Joe DeRita (Solo)
MLC  Moe, Larry and CurlyMLS  Moe, Larry and Shemp     MLJ  Moe, Larry and Joe Besser
MLD  Moe, Larry and Curly Joe DeRita
[/size][/font]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Recently, BeAStooge (a Team Stooge member), wrote to me and told me that he had a number of previously unlisted films and shorts that needed to be added to the Filmography.

Don't credit me.  I'm just passing along information...

The majority of the above-listed additions have been identified thru the research of Rich Finegan.  Rich has been responsible for most additions to the Stooges' first official filmography, published in 1983's The Three Stooges Scrapbook; many of his discoveries are already established filmography canon.  Finegan's findings have been published in The Three Stooges Journal over the past 20+ years. 

Some more recent and obscure newsreel findings should be credited to Mike Dugo.  Among them, earlier this year, Mike discovered some great, unknown MGM Stooge outtakes from a newsreel promoting the feature film THE PRIZEFIGHTER AND THE LADY (1933); the outtakes were screened at the 2005 Fan Club meeting.  Research continues on the released newsreel, and any Stooge appearances in same.

Upcoming issues of The Three Stooges Journal will have more information as it comes to light.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 01:34:23 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Recently, BeAStooge (a Team Stooge member), wrote to me and told me that he had a number of previously unlisted films and shorts that needed to be added to the Filmography.

Don't credit me.  I'm just passing along information...

Brent, don't sell yourself short.  Three Stooges fan certainly owe Rich Finegan and Mike Dugo a huge vote of thanks for all of the research they've done over the years, but you deserve some kudos, too, for all of the information you input into the database here.  Adding these episodes to the Filmography is just one more thing for which the rest of us here at ThreeStooges.net owe you a vote of thanks.  So don't be afraid to take a bow.  ;)
 [salame][salame]
We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

Upcoming issues of The Three Stooges Journal will have more information as it comes to light.

I'd like to take this opportunity to give a free plug and let fans know how to subscribe to the excellent Three Stooges Journal:
"Since 1974, the Three Stooges Fan Club has provided exclusive information, rare photos and behind-the-scenes articles about our favorite knuckleheads. Sanctioned by original Stooges Moe & Larry before their deaths, the fan club's newsletter "
;The Three Stooges Journal" is crammed with interesting interviews, collector info, bios on the supporting players, unpublished photos, reviews, and much more. It costs just $9.00 for 1 year (4 issues), and includes free classified ads to buy/sell/trade Stoogeablia with other collectors worldwide."

(Please note: this club is soitenly NOT affiliated in any way, shape, or form with Comedy III)

Gary Lassin, President
Three Stooges Fan Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 747
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437

$9.00 (US dollars) for one year.
I should also mention that I will be adding a Three Stooges Journal Index back to the site soon, under the Stooge Info menu.  Team Stooge Project members will be able to edit and update the information in the Index, and I hope that we will eventually have the contents of every single issue ever published listed in the Index.

Offline Rich Finegan

I've been on here for over an hour trying to find how to post a new topic. There's just no "New Topic" option anywhere. So I'm posting this here, as it seemed the most fitting place for this post:

Check out this thread on the site NitrateVille:
See the review of a film apparently called SURPRISE SURPRISE (1937).
Should this be considered as a new Three Stooges filmography addition?

http://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10429

Offline FineBari3

For some reason, under 'News and Announcements', you cannot create a new topic.  I will ask Rob about this.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson