Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Famous Products in Three Stooges Shorts

MR77100 · 12 · 5757

Offline MR77100

What famous product lines have popped up in Three Stooges shorts? There is one I can recall: The box of Arm & Hammer baking soda in MUTTS TO YOU.

Offline ProfessorStooge

Offline Squirrelbait

There was an Alka-Seltzer banner in Dizzy Doctors.

Speaking of Dizzy Doctors, whenever it was shown on the 'Stooge-A-Palooza' program here in Milwaukee, host Rich Koz always mentioned that every time they showed it, people would always write him and ask if there was a real product called Brighto.....there wasn't.

And although it's not a short, you've gotta give credit to the Stooges doing their commercial for Instant Simoniz!
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Tony Bensley

Speaking of Dizzy Doctors, whenever it was shown on the 'Stooge-A-Palooza' program here in Milwaukee, host Rich Koz always mentioned that every time they showed it, people would always write him and ask if there was a real product called Brighto.....there wasn't.

And although it's not a short, you've gotta give credit to the Stooges doing their commercial for Instant Simoniz!
While not a commercial tie-in to Instant Simoniz, there is a reference to "SIMONIZING" within the boys' "K-9 DOG LAUNDRY" sign in MUTTS TO YOU (1938).

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline stoogerascalfan62

One of the '30s Curly shorts showed an Ex-Lax logo on a store window. I forget the short.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I believe  a box of Morton Salt is on a shelf in a Curly short.  I'll do some thinking to see if I can remember which one that's in.

Offline Signor Spumoni

I believe  a box of Morton Salt is on a shelf in a Curly short.  I'll do some thinking to see if I can remember which one that's in.

So far I have amnesia as to where I thought I saw Morton Salt.  Sorry.

I don't know if you'd count this, but there were two products in "Crash Goes the Hash" which were recognizable but with altered labels.  There was a box of Milk Bones where the name had a new label pasted over it saying, "Puppo Dog Biscuits."  There was also a can of peas which looked like Argo brand but which had a blank label pasted over the name.

Offline Shemp

Not exactly a product, but a brand.  There was a Safeway supermarket in the background of False Alarms, 1936.  The Safeway looked so different, it was interesting to see. 

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Also there was a Standard of California [Chevron] station in "Pop Goes The Easel".

Offline Mark The Shark

In "Violent Is The Word For Curly," the Stooges are working at a Mobil gas station.

The Ex-Lax sign is in the window of the drugstore in front of which the cop gets mowed down by the beer barrel.  Three Little Beers.